Is this Hell?

As Alex lay at the bottom of the stairs the only thing going through her mind was 'you fucking dumbass'. Somehow, she knew she was dying, she could feel her strength waning as she choked on her own blood. She didn't feel scared of dying though, it actually felt sort of peaceful.

It wasn't like there was many people who would miss her. Her parents died when she was young and Alex had been raised by her grandfather, who passed away two years ago. She had never really had any friends either as she was considered weird and sometimes to blunt, she didn't take shit from anyone and always stood for what she believes in.

Alex tried to take a breath but just breathed in more blood. Of course, her already sucky day would end like this, she knew she shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning.

It started when her alarm didn't ring so she was late to work and then she got fired for some bullshit reason, her punching and calling her boss a misogynist, sexist, swine after he slapped her ass could have something to do with it but you know...whatever.

After that her car broke down and refused to start and she had to walk home in the rain. When Alex finally got home, she was drenched and cold and the only thing she wanted to do was take a warm shower and crawl up in bed with a good book.

And that leads to know; because she had walked up the stairs in her wet socks, she had slipped on the step closest to the top and fallen down with one hell of a bang. At least she would finally find out what happened after death, was there a heaven or hell? Nirvana? Or maybe even Valhalla?

The black spots started to creep in and Alex knew that this was it and as everything went black, she had a peaceful smile on her lips.

XOXOXOX

As she woke up, and how can she wake up, isn't she supposed to be dead?, Alex noticed that she was laying on a bed. At first, she thought she was in the hospitable but the bed was way to comfortable for it to be a hospital bed.

Alex slowly sat up and looked around. This was definitely not her bed, not even her room. When she turned her head to the side a strand of long, straight brown hair fell in front of her face. Wait...long, brown and straight? That didn't make a lick of sense, Alex hair was a short pixie cut in the colors pink and green. What the actual fuck was going on?!

She threw the cover from her body and rushed into what she assumed was a bathroom. Luckily, she was right and she turned to look in the mirror. The face staring back at her was not her own and at first, she didn't really believe what she was seeing.

Staring back at Alex through the mirror was the face of Elena Gilbert, one of the main characters in the tv-series The Vampire Diaries. Alex had watched the show but only once and she died before she could start season five.

Was this a death hallucination? A death dream? Was she in hell?

The thoughts were flying through her head at a dizzying speed and just as she started to swaying the other bathroom door opened and a young man caught her as she fell while exclaiming "Elena!" Then everything went black.

XOXOXOX

"Come on Elena, open your eyes." A female voice begged Alex while holding her hand but why was she calling her Elena?

"Wa's g'ng on?" Alex mumbled and opened her eyes. When she saw a woman with red hair and a young man sitting on her bed, she remembered what happened. She was stuck in Elena Gilberts body, a character she didn't even like, and didn't know what she was supposed to do now.

Was she supposed to just play along and pretend to be Elena? That would never work, Alex was not the sort of person who could be such a simpering damsel in distress, she rather save herself! And the whole playing the Salvatore brothers against each other for her affections? Alex would rather die than be that cruel to someone.