Chapter 3

Arsal came inside Minal's room and sat on the couch opposite to her. She sat up and Arsal gave her a glass of water which was kept on the side table

"No, thank you!" Minal replied as she sat up.

"How are you feeling now?" Arsal asked as he placed the glass back in the tray

"I am fine! You had a meeting right?" Minal asked softly.

"Yes but as soon as I got the news about your health, I came home." He replied.

"You need not worry. I am fine, it was just due to stress!"

"Is there something that's bothering you? You can surely share it with me Minal! But please don't stress yourself, it will affect your health!" Arsal spoke up.

"Nothing happened Arsal! I am absolutely okay. You should go and have your lunch." Minal replied.

She barely spoke to Arsal. Until and unless it was a matter about Anayra, none of them spoke to each other properly.

"Actually I wanted to tell you something!" Arsal said

"Yes? Something about Anayra? Or her admission? I had applied for her admission, any information about that?" Minal asked

"No! I will go to the school tomorrow, to check about that. But I wanted to tell, that I have signed a project, and for that we will have to....." He said but stopped as Anayra came in

"Papa, please come with me!" Anayra asked as she held his hand

"Just a second Anayra, I will come!" He replied and turned to talk to Minal

"Please papa, it's urgent! I want to show you something, please come!" Anayra kept calling him.

"Anayra! Papa is telling you to wait right? Then why are you being so stubborn? You can show that to him later, he is talking about something important here!" Minal said, raising her voice a little bit

She never spoke like that to Anayra. But she was really worried and stressed about things. She was worried for Anayra, her future!

Anayra got scared as she heard Minal, she hid behind Arsal, and tears rolled down her cheeks

"It's okay Minal! I will talk to you later then." Arsal said and turned towards Anayra, and bent to her height

"Anayra, papa is coming with you okay? Let's go?" Arsal said as he wiped her tears and she nodded. Both of them walked out.

•••

Asad sat in his room, checking the details of the new project. He heard someone enter. He kept the files and turned back, to see Zehra standing there.

"Mama!" Asad said as he saw her

"Asad, I want to talk to you about something!" Zehra said. Asad knew where this was going. He turned back to his table and picked the files again.

"Mama, you know I don't want to talk about this!" Asad replied

"But I want to! It's been 5 years, and yet you are still waiting for the one who left you. She never wanted to be with you! She is gone Asad, she left you!" Zehra said angrily

"Mama! I know everything, you don't have to keep reminding me! Please mama!" Asad replied

"I want you to get married to Tara! From 5 years, I am telling this to you, but you don't want to listen to me!" Zehra said.

"And mama, from those 5 years, my answer is no, and it will always be a no!" Asad replied. He got up, took the files and walked out.

"Amaan!" He called, as he entered the main hall. "Yes?" Amaan came to the hall, with Ayan.

"Asad dad, can we go to have ice cream? Please?" Ayan asked as he sat next to Asad.

"You go and tell mama, that we are going. And don't forget to wear something warm, it's really cold outside." Asad said and Ayan went inside to Anaya

"Amaan, by when will Arsal be here in Bangalore? Have you spoken to him? We need to start the project soon." Asad asked.

"Not yet bhai, I will call now?" Amaan asked. "You get me the details of the project, I will speak to him now!" Asad said as he dialled his number.

Minal, got down and walked to the hall. As she was going, she saw Arsal's phone ringing. It was an unknown number. She peeped into the main hall, and saw Arsal playing with Anayra.

"Minal, please answer the call!" Arsal said. Minal picked up the phone.

"Hello, can I speak to Mr. Arsal Khan?" Asad spoke. Before Minal could reply, Anayra came inside.

"Anayra give this phone to papa,please!" Minal said, giving the phone to Anayra. Without taking the phone, she walked out.

Arsal came inside, and took the phone from Minal. As he was walking out, minal asked, "What happened to Anayra?"

"She is fine, don't worry!" Arsal replied, and went out to talk to Asad.

Minal knew Anayra was angry because she had scolded her in the morning today. She had a severe headache from morning. Her daughter was her happiness, she never spoke like this to her.

Minal walked out and sat on the couch beside Anayra. She sat there coloring some pictures.

"What is my baby doing?" Minal asked with a smile. Without answering, she got up from there and went to the dining table with all her book and pencils.

"Anayra is angry with mama? I'm sorry!" Minal apologized. She went and hugged her from behind.

Her headache increased, she closed her eyes tightly as tears streamed down. Anayra noticed that, and looked at her mother.

"Mama!" She said and wiped her tears, with her little hands. "I'm sorry!" Anayra said making a pout face.

"What happened di?" Maahi came out from her room, and helped Minal take a seat on her bed.

"Mama, you shouldn't come out right? Doctor said that you should be in your room!" Anayra said draping the blanket over her.

"I am fine baby, just a little headache. Don't worry!" Minal replied.

Thank you for reading! ❤️