Chapter 4 - Fight Of Flame And Blood

(Y/n Pov)

I stared at the woman who had just entered the house. Somehow... I felt like I knew her, but I have never met or seen her before now, so how could I?

My instinct told me to run away as far as possible, but I couldn't abandon Subaru! Looking to the side, I could see them negotiating about the price for the insignia. That one item that binds all of us together.

As I glanced at her, she quickly noticed my gaze and looked at me with a smile. A single smile that sent a shiver to my whole body. Adverting my gaze from her, I looked over at Subaru, worried about him, but I trust Old Man Rom to take care of it if things go bad.

After a while, Subaru suddenly stood up as he yelled for some reason. I guess it's our win, then? I stood and took my things and went to them.

Subaru: "W-What? What's wrong with a little victory pose? I'm psyched!"

Felt: "No one said anything. Go as crazy as you want. I don't care, as long as I get my profit."

Subaru: "Uh, sorry, Elsa-san. You'll probably get in trouble, huh?"

Elsa: "It cannot be helped. It was my employer's fault for trying to underpay."

Somehow... I feel like something bad is going to happen soon. And I don't like it at all.

Elsa: "Well, this deal has ended in disappointment for me, but I shall take my leave now."

Licking off the milk on her mouth, she looked at both of us.

Elsa: "By the way, what do you intend to do with that insignia?"

Before Subaru could answer her, I quickly butt my way in and stopped him from saying anything.

Y/n: "Sorry, but it's a secret."

Elsa: "Ah, my bad~ I'm just a little curious. By the way, you have some very beautiful eyes."

Hearing her say the last sentence sent a chill in my spine. I don't really want to be close to this woman any longer than necessary.

Subaru: "Come on, Y/n. It's fine. Elsa-san, we're going to find its owner and return it to her."

The vibe around the room suddenly became cold. My body froze the moment he said those words.

Elsa: "So... You're with them, then."

Felt reacted quickly as she pushed Subaru away from Elsa's strike.

Subaru: "Wh-What?"

Felt: "Do you want to die?!"

Elsa: "Oh, my. You dodged my strike.

A black blade could be seen on her hand as both Subaru and I stared horrified by it. He could have died by that strike if it weren't for Felt. Damn it... Are we really going to fight here and now?

She suddenly averted her gaze to Old Man Rom, who went to attack her with his club. She dodged it easily and was still smiling.

Elsa: "This is my first battle to the death with a giant!"

Rom: "Quiet, little girl! I'll grind you up and feed you to the rats!"

They went to clash with each other as I quickly looked around, trying to find something useful. Suddenly, I managed to lay my eyes on a rapier, it was well-made and looked sharp. I had no time to admire it as I quickly took off my bag and unsheathed the blade and joined the fight.