Chapter 32: Degenerate

"Wow!" Bell exclaims from beside me as she eyes the dusty track ahead of us, "This is so exciting! Is this even legal?" I shake my head in reply, "Even more exciting."

I chuckle, "Trust you to find something illegal absolutely amazing." 

Bells grins in response, "What can I say?" she winks teasingly, "I'm a bad ass."

I roll my eyes and shove her away playfully, "I know. You made a grown man cry. You don't get any more bad ass than that." I remind her, referring to Simo and his little meltdown earlier.

She frowns at me at bringing it up again, knowing that I was never going to let her live it down, "For the hundredth time, I never meant to do that."

I shrug, "Still happened. Facts are facts."

"You're still mean." Bells points out as she narrows her blue-green eyes at me tauntingly.

I nod, agreeing, "Yeah...but at least I don't make people cry."

I'm enjoying milking this. It's not often where Bells messes up. It's usually the other way round. 

"I'm leaving." she pouts, feigning sadness, before going back in the direction where we last saw Max, Grey and Jay go.

I, on the other hand, go wandering off on my own. 

What can I say? 

Exploring is fun.

I glance around the busy track area. Tonight must be somewhat of a serious race. Jay doesn't seem too bothered about it though. Must be because he's confident that he'll win. 

I'm disrupted from my thoughts when I see a blue GT come swerving in like a mad man. This should be interesting considering the driver is a crazy person. I watch intently as the winner of the current race steps out their GT. My eyes widen all the more when the person takes off the racing helmet only to reveal a female beneath all the insaneness. And she had won her race.

Yeah baby!!! Insert the female independence!

She smirks, as victor, at the losers only crossing the finish line now. Arrogant hmmm? I like her. Thus, I must befriend her. 

I push past the crowds surrounding her and praising her, making my way right to the front where I see her in an argument with second place. "You f**king cheated Ems!" Second place roars.

She merely giggles in reply as if mocking him, "Said second place you f**king amateur."

I have to hold back my own laughter. Yup...we're going to get along really well.

Second place shakes his head, pissed off, before retreating with the crowd following after him to get the full story. 

"Well hello there 'First Place'." I greet, moving in to see the famous red head street racer up close. I put out my hand in greeting, "I'm Aqueela and you're goddamn cool."

She doesn't bother shaking my hand as a sly smirk curves her lips, "Ah, so you're JT's girl then?" she asks with raised eyebrows, expectant of my answer. I wonder where she even heard that from.

I furrow my eyebrows in thought and eventually decide to just go with it, "Yeah." I reply happily, dropping my hand, "Yeah I am." I lie, not really giving a damn. That's what you get for making assumptions. "But how did you know that?" I question, prodding for an answer.

"Grey may have mentioned that you're psychotic." she shrugs as she places her red helmet beneath her left arm. 

Of course Grey did that.