Chapter 35: Tug

Noah was already five drinks deep. Why was Grace feeling the effects when she had hardly finished a glass? She swayed back and forth to the music, her eyelids feeling heavy as she looked up at Noah, watching him take another sip of his drink.

Grace felt like she was underwater. Her mind was foggy and the music sounded muffled as it entered her ears. She swore if someone bumped into her she would collapse to the floor.

"Noah, I don't feel very well," she finally confessed. The words must have left her mouth quieter than she had thought, because the boy didn't seem to notice she had spoken. She tugged on his arm, pulling down on his sleeve. That got his attention. "Noah, I don't feel very well," she repeated.

"Merlin, Grace, I didn't realize you were such a lightweight," he responded with a laugh. He took her hand and led her to the couches. "I'll grab you some water, okay? Stay here. I don't want you falling over."

Grace nodded, staring down into her drink. Is that what this was? She just couldn't hold her liquor? Grace hardly ever drank. Ryan usually didn't allow her to have any alcohol, so she used to sneak away for a moment if she wanted some at parties in the past.

Something was off, though. She had barely finished half of her drink. She glanced over at Noah far across the room, who was searching for water amongst the bottles of booze.

"You look terrible."

Grace turned to face the body that had sat down next to her.

"I'm just a little lightheaded. I'll be okay, Rachel."

"Let's hope so," replied the blonde girl. "You look like shit." Rachel stood from her seat, walking over to Ryan across the room. Grace's stomach dropped as she watched the girl kiss the tall Slytherin.

Well, that's a new one, Grace thought. Rachel needs to be careful.

She felt a hand move her hair to the side from behind the couch, warm breath hitting her neck as someone leaned in close.

"You don't look too hot, Grace," Jake whispered. "Maybe we should go back to my dormitory to fix that."

"Get the fuck away from me." Grace turned her head quickly to distance herself from him, standing up from the couch. Colors danced in front of her eyes, and she fell back onto the couch again.

Jake merely laughed at the sight before him. He walked around the couch, settling down next to her. His eyes devoured her body, staying put on her exposed waistline. He took advantage of her weak state to move close, his fingers touching her with great lust.

"If you don't want every guy at this school to think you're easy, maybe you shouldn't dress like such a slut," he spat, pulling away from her ear to see her reaction.

Grace scoffed, "A slut, huh? And you're sure you're not just angry that I wouldn't let you get in my pants the other night?"

Jake rolled his eyes. "I don't know why you didn't let me. You always let Ryan touch you. You play hard to get because you're an attention whore."

Grace wished she could've slapped the Gryffindor boy across the face, but she felt herself sink deeper into the couch. She was practically laying down on it now, her limbs feeling like they had a pile of textbooks weighing them down as the boy continued.

"I bet your little boyfriend thinks you're easy, too. Did you seriously think anyone would want to be with you for any reason other than just to fuck you?" Jake finished, leaving Grace to join Ryan's side across the room.

Grace managed to dart her eyes over to Noah. She watched as he walked toward her with a cup of water in his hand. Did he really think she was easy? He said she wasn't just another girl for him, but was that really true?