A Broken Link

Forty years prior...

We can see a typical house in an ordinary neighborhood in Japan; the house was neither too big nor too small, and the area was nice and quiet. We can see a woman with black hair and brown eyes sitting on a couch while talking through the phone inside this house.

"Yes! Han just learned how to factorize! Although he is complaining that it is too easy, I will search for a professor that is capable of teaching him algebra, I must keep him entertained in some way, you know how kids can be when they are bored." The woman said. There was a small pause, and then she laughed.

"Yes, of course! I am sure he will be someone amazing in the future!" The woman said proudly, there was another pause. "Well... we still don't know what his quirk is... No, the doctor told us that it is just him being natural; he still hasn't shown any quirk signs. Still, I am sure he will get one, being quirkless is becoming rarer, thank goodness, so I am sure he will have an amazing quirk to fit him, and when he does, his path to becoming the best will start!" The woman stated confidently.

Meanwhile, sitting on the carpet while doing equations in his book, Han rolled his eyes and covered his ears, he was starting to get tired of hearing his mother and her friend's conversations.

Han Seih, he was considered a prodigy since his childhood. His teachers always praised him as well as his parents. It indeed seemed like he was destined for greatness. Ever since he was a child, he was still curious, with an unrivaled thirst for knowledge which he would later apply in his day to day life. In kindergarten, he always got bored in his classes, so one day he decided to study the rules of the kinder and found quite a few loopholes that allowed him to escape the course, and when the teachers confronted him, he always argued that he hadn't technically broken any rules. Eventually, though, he got himself expelled, as no matter how much they rewrote the rules, Seih would always find a way to cheat the system. Still, his parents didn't really care, and they paid different tutors to come and teach him, all of them who were blown away by the intelligence of the young child, all of the tutors that ever saw him agreed on one thing, the kid was destined for greatness... Then... how did all of it change?

A single day completely turned his life around, just like for many other unfortunate children... He was diagnosed as quirkless by the doctor, and his family was devastated. The tutors took all of their compliments back and even refused to work with such a child, claiming that someone like him would never end up achieving anything in life. His parents' friends cut all ties with them as they didn't want to be related to them and their quirkless child. Meanwhile, in their jobs, Seih's parents became the subject of cruel acts of mockery for being the parents of a quirkless child. To Seih, though, whether he had a quirk or not didn't really matter to him, he did not need it for what he wanted to do, so why should he care? He didn't, but, for some reason, those around him did...

His mother became distant with him, while his father would always come from work to beat him up, accusing him of being the root of all the problems he had, whether they were somehow related to Han or not.

"You useless kid! You are weak! You are pathetic! You are no child of mine! Get fuck out of my sight!" Han's father raged at him every time he saw him. Seih had little to do against someone almost thrice his size, all he could do was take the beating, over, and over, and over again... that is what his life had become.

His parents argued day and night, as Han's father accused his mother of cheating on him, because, according to him, it would have been impossible for him to birth a useless, crippled child. In the end, they managed to come into an agreement: get rid of the roots of all their problems... Han's father came into his room and beat him even harder than usual, no matter how much Han screamed in pain, his father did not stop, he kept beating him up with one sole purpose... Han realized this, and so he did the only thing he could, he played dead...