99

There was a new perception that now lived in the cottage home between the deep forests in Manchester

It was a broken home before, but never in its days has it held a woman so devastatingly damaged.

Inside the home had been scattered belongings, unpacked boxes that were brought from 12th Grimmauld Place, unopened letters of condolences piled up around her writing desk, some were still outside the windowsill that her owl had dropped off throughout the week, news articles from the Daily Prophet laying around the kitchen table — a few even thrown on the floor and ripped to shreds.

The only thing that could be heard were the continuous sobs that vibrated the thin walls.

Eleanor sat on the shower floor. Her long hair stayed drenched as the warm water rained on her cradled form.

Her mind was a heavy place, but her heart was heavier.

There was so much guilt—an overbearing amount that possessed her mindset.

No matter how many times anyone has told her that it wasn't her fault, she still blamed herself.

Sirius wanted so much from her that she could have given to him. In the moment, she thought she wasn't ready. She knew it was extremely selfish of her to only think for herself and her needs when his and Harrys were just as important. All he wanted was to live the life they'd promised when they were young.

Instead she took it for granted.

Now he was gone and it was too late.

Throughout the lonely setting, she wasn't always alone, Seria had visited frequently and Remus had stopped by every week, three times a week at most go check up on her and to make sure she was safe.

This day was one of those days as the rugged man entered the small cottage with bagged groceries in hand followed by his new found partner Tonks.

"El! It's me, I've brought some groceries! Tonks came along as well!" Remus makes himself known as he walked into the small living space.

It was silent for a few seconds before the running shower had stopped, "I'll be out in a moment." He could hear her say.

"No need to hurry!" Remus let out a sigh of relief knowing that she was okay and walked into the kitchen.

"Ouff!" Tonks stared down at the shredded articles which had Lucius Malfoy's face plastered on the front page or at least what used to be his face.