𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

EP 6: Russian Roulette.

_______________

Haerin's

I started my morning jog, trying to find Jake on the neighborhood... I'm looking left and right just to find him.

I bet i can't.

The subdivision was too big that it will take you up until afternoon if you'll run around the whole neighborhood. So it just seems to be impossible for the two of us to meet.

I sighed and just continued by jog. Better not expect anything. I only have his schedules. But not his tracks.

Then all of a sudden, A dog approached me. It's golden silk hair brushed on my feet as she barked around me.

"Oh hello.....?"
i looked at her leash seeing that she escaped from her owner.

"Where are you going? And why are you so cute?"
I smiled slightly and patted her head. The dog smiled at me and barked softly. I chuckled and leaned over to touch her neck.

She's an Australian golden retriever. Her fur is like silk of gold. It's so beautiful.

"Where is your owner?"
I asked her as if she can answer. The dog just barked at me and jumped towards my position, licking my cheeks continously.

I laughed.

"yah-"
I pushed her slightly but she still clung unto me. I just sighed and took her leash.

"let's go to the park?"

she barked at me as a sign that she agreed. We walked towards the park and sat on the bench.

"So... can i ask you where your owner is? You have a name on your collar?"
I looked at her collar after she raised her head, seeing a dog tag. I read her name.

"layla.....?"

that's when i realized something.

An Australian Golden Retriever

Layla....

Is she perhaps...?

"Layla???!! Layla?!!!"
I heard a familiar voice nearby and so I took my airpods off and looked around.

"here."
i waved my hands so that he can see him.

he looked at my direction seeing leila on my sides. Leila looked at him and ran towards his direction. I stood up and walked towards him.

"pretty careless aren't we?"
I smirked and shook my head. Jake just looked at me with disbelief.

"you're following me even here?"
he said.

What the hell is he saying? I'm just here to jog- Oh well maybe also for him but it's not like it's so unusual for me to jog every morning isn't it?

"I'm just jogging here and I saw your dog. you should be thankful. "
I said and turned around, slightly pissed.

Did he really think i am stalking him?

Like hell i would?

I'm only into him just because of the business but i'm not going that far.
I know privacy.

"wait."
I was taken aback as he held my wrist. 

i didn't looked back.

"What?"
i coldly said without even looking at him.