Foreign feeling

"So I heard you were there in the match yesterday." She said with the fakest sweet smile possible.

"Yeah. It was great." I said trying not to get intimidated by her.

Not that I am afraid of her or anything.

"Paul invited you?" She asked with the same smile plastered on her face.

Woah that was quite straight forward.

"Not that it's anyone's business but yes." Paul said looking towards her.

When did he come?

"Now if you don't mind can I please have my seat back?" He said to her with a neutral expression.

She stood up and anger was clearly visible on her face. She turned around and walked away.

"I was looking for you after the match." He said as he sat beside me.

" I wanted to wait but something important came up. I am sorry." I said him with a smile.

" Oh it's okay. It just that I could celebrate my victory with you." He said with a small laugh.

"Better luck next time." Lisa barged in.

He almost heard me giggling.

The teacher walked in and the class started.

****
I was in the computer lab trying to complete my assignment as soon as I could. Paul was very friendly and asked me if we could go for a coffee after the classes. I denied because I had loads of homework and reading to do.

And partly because I couldn't stop thinking about Nick.

So you miss him? Mini me asked.

I ignored that question because I really don't know the answer.

After my classes I headed towards home on my bicycle. I heard my phone ringing so I parked at the side of the street to see who it was. Nick.

I plugged in my ear plugs and immediately answered the call.

"Hey!" I squeaked.

Girl, control.

"Hi. Where are you?" He said. His voice on the phone sounds slightly different but I like it. What. No.

"Why?" I asked him as I continued riding my cycle.

"Why do you always have a question for my question?" I could hear the irritation in his voice.

I rolled my eyes.

"I am on my way back to home.Now tell me why?" I asked him turning to the street of my house.

"Nothing. I thought... maybe you are still in your school." He said and I heard the engine of a motorbike coming to life.

Is he there ?

No. Why would he?

"Oh..okay. I reached here." I said as I parked my cycle in front of the door.

"Umm..okay. See you soon." He said and hung up.

I went up and didn't realize I was smiling until I went inside the restroom.

What is wrong with me?

****
I was lying on my bed and almost asleep when my phone rang. I answered the call without looking at the caller id.

"Hello?" I said in my sleepy voice.

"Hey! Are you asleep?" I hear Nick's voice.

I am no longer sleepy now.

"Umm..yeah. I mean no. I was...studying. What about you?" I stumbled with my words.