Chapter-31

Jon's POV

Why did you have to do this Emma? This was something that she isn't supposed to know. No one is supposed to know. It is something I wanted to forget, but I couldn't. Every time I look at those photos, it just reminds me how big of an idiot I was. What a desperate, pathetic loser I was. Yet, I never had the heart to destroy those pictures. I would always go through them, as if it was my safe haven of some sort.

I look at the wall clock which read 11:23 PM. Emma shouldn't be wandering in the streets alone at this time of the night. Especially when she doesn't own a fucking car.

"Oh Fuck me" I say under my breath whilst grabbing my car keys.

I am driving down the street, in search of Emma. I've been driving for almost 5 minutes and yet I couldn't find her. She can't go that far in such a short period of time unless, she is in some sort of trouble.......

"Oh for fucks sake!" I yell as I drive faster, searching for her. I roll my windows down and shout her name. By the end of the street, I see that there is a big havoc. Police cars and ambulances were surrounding a 24/7 store. I get out of my car to inquire about what had happened. As I head towards a police officer, a familiar brunette catches my attention. She is covered in blood and is being carried on a stretcher. When I take a closer look, I realize that it's Emma!

"Emma!" I scream as I run towards her.

"Sir please stay back." One of the guys carrying the stretcher tells me.

"That's is my girlfriend damn it! Please let me in." I say as I tear up. My desperate form was enough proof that I was her boyfriend because of which they let me into the ambulance van. They cover her head up to prevent excessive bleeding and put an oxygen mask over her nose and mouth. I sit beside her, holding her hand. One side of her face is covered in blood and sweat. Her hands are getting cold and pale. No no no this isn't supposed to happen! She can't leave me like this.

"Please don't leave me Emma! Please please I beg of you!" I say. Tears relentlessly cascading down my face.

"I'm so sorry for all that I said Emma! I love you so much baby. Please don't leave me. I'll never ever raise my voice against you I promise" I whisper out as we make our way to the hospital.

****

I am pacing back and forth outside the OT. I am sweating profusely, I feel my heart throbbing, my legs hurt because of standing for hours in the hospital lobby. No matter how exhausted I am, I cannot sit down, my adrenaline rush is so high that I might explode if I sit. I was never the one to believe in God, but Emma did. And for the sake of her, I've been praying for hours since Emma had been taken to the OT.

If I had destroyed those pictures, none of this would've happened. My Emmy wouldn't have been fighting for her life. I wouldn't have yelled at her and she wouldn't have left home. I can feel the bile rising up my throat. I put my hand over my mouth and head towards a nearby washroom. I am not even sure if I entered the gents toilet. I empty my stomach until I was dry heaving. I lean against the wall and collapse, whilst bringing my knees closer to my chest and placing my head on it. I have no energy left in me. I am absolutely exhausted. I can feel my eyes starting to swell with all the crying. I let out a loud sigh. A minute or two later, I stand up with the support of the wall, and head towards sink to wash my face. I look at the mirror.......and all I see is a helpless, desperate 13 year old me. My eyes hold the same sorrow and grief I held when I was 13 years, when.........when I had been.....

Sigh.

I turn the tap off and wipe my face with a tissue paper. I sit on a chair adjacent to the OT, waiting impatiently for some sort of news. Suddenly, the red light above the room goes off and the doctor comes out whilst removing his mask. I get up and rush to his side with my heart beating faster. My hands were shaking, so I held them into tight fists. The doctor looks at me with a sad smile and places his hand on my shoulder.