We're Here

The man had lead Sukara quite a way down the canyon before he spoke again. They had followed a path up onto a ledge that was increasing in height which only made Sukara more confused about why he was being so brazen.

"Are you anything like your old self?" he asked, sounding like he was trying to make small talk.

"Didn't you stalk me?" Sukara said, answering his question with one of her own. She had no real interest in talking to him, she just wanted to find this hollow and destroy it before anyone else got inspired by her empire.

"But you don't know someone by just watching them," he continued, his odd attitude making her feel uneasy, "you have to talk to them. See them when they're alone."

"You're a creep, you know that right," Sukara told him. His seemingly shameless demeanor becoming increasingly irritating with every word he spoke.

He laughed a little as he continued to stroll, "I suppose. I just wanted to see the Empress. The stories I've read about you are quite formidable. I suppose the Great Uniter knows you very well."

"Don't talk about her," Sukara snapped at him, not wanting to think about the fact that he would've had to stalk Kuvira as well since they spend so much time together.

"Would you have killed me if I called her Kuv--" he started but was cut off by Sukara lifting him from the floor and slamming him against the wall.

"Keep her fucking name out of your mouth okay," she snarled at him. Talking about her and her past she could handle but she wouldn't let him talk about Kuvira, no matter what he had to say. "you don't deserve the breath it takes to say it."

The man looked surprised but not as scared as she would have hoped. It only took a few moments before his infuriating smile was back. Sukara frowned at his strange reaction but, really by now she shouldn't be surprised. The poor boy was probably insane.

"There she is," he almost whispered, "this is the temper your people feared for their lives for. You are just like her."

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Sukara asked, dropping him to the floor so that she could step away from him.

"No, not at all," He stuttered, rubbing his collar bone where her knuckles had dug into him while she had been holding him up, "that was a compliment. Truly."

"In what world was that compliment?" Sukara asked, glaring at him as he picked himself up off of the floor.

"In the old world of course, and this one as well," he told her, looking a little more apprehensive now, "you were a force to be reckoned with. A powerhouse that stopped for no one."

"Oh you're an idiot, I get it, right," Sukara sighed with a slight laugh, trying to entertain herself while he tried to flatter her, "Are we there yet?"

"Yes," he said, a little disappointed that she wasn't warming to him even slightly, "we're here."

The man turned as he dissappeared into  an opening in the rock, leaving Sukara to follow behind him.