20

Xander's PoV

1 year later~

"Are you here to find brother? Brother went out at the break of dawn." Luna asked me when I arrived at her palace.

"No, I came to find you, my princess." I stared at her lovingly. 

"Then have you seen my brother? He didn't tell me why he'll be back late like usual. Did the emperor summon him?" Luna's attention was all focused on her brother as she continued to worry.

Always brother this and brother that. It's getting on my nerves. Even when I'm here, all she thinks about is her brother.

"I've seen him so don't worry. He just has more work today, that's all." I smiled

Well, I'm not lying to her, her brother is going after the emperor's head today. That is somewhat 'work'. Acacius asked me to look after her today since Arian's going to help with killing the emperor.

Originally, I was the one who was supposed to help with killing but Arian won't be able to stop Luna if she decides to dash into the 'battlefield'. I want to ensure the safety of the girl I fell in love with.

"My dear fiancée, they say the key to a long relationship is to communicate," I said reducing the distance between us.

"Y-you're too close." She averted her eyes as she began to blush, that's a good sign.

"Thinking of another man in front of me, are you making me jealous on purpose?" I asked securing her hands that were trying to push me away in mine with ease.

"He's my brother. Naturally, I'd be worried about him." She averted her gaze, "...and the reason I'm able to talk about my brother in front of you...is because I trust you."

How cute. I guess that's enough teasing for today, I got the reaction that I wanted.

"That's right." I pecked her forehead and let go of her hands.

"You're always teasing me aren't you?" She pouted while I chuckled.

"Berus, you know what to do," I whispered knowing my guardian hiding in my shadow will hear me. Ah, the barrier has been successfully cast.

The other princes might not be a problem for Acacius but the emperor is on a whole new level. I'm sure he'll win since there are two dragons and Dominic with him but it might take quite a long time.

I'll have to do my best to distract and protect her in the meantime. We all don't want to make her worry.

Acacius PoV

"You're finally here." The man whom I was supposed to call father chuckled. I stayed silent. 

"I have to say, you've done quite well. Seeing how you've taken care of the other princes, you truly are a demon. Not hesitating even when they begged for their lives. But I'm different from them." He continued.

I miss Luna. I wonder if she's alright...that bastard(Xander)  is with her so I think she should be safe but I hope she doesn't worry too much. If that Bastard touches her...he'll be dead.

"Enough with the chit-chat, I'll end your life here. Your reign is over." I finally spoke as I narrowed my eyes at him.

I made the first move. As I thought, this isn't easy. He's strong but all the training wasn't for nothing. 

*pant pant pant*

"You're still not strong enough, my son. You can't end me alone."

"You're right, I'm no match for you but...I'm not fighting alone," I smirked.

After the fight~

"This is the end." I thrust my sword into the emperor as his body turned into dust.

Ah, I got hurt...since it's my father's sword, it needs more time to heal. If Luna sees this, she'll be mad at me. I promised her not to get hurt last time.

"Acacius, you alright bro?" Dominic asked helping me up.

"Yea, just some minor scratches."

"You call that minor? You're going to get nagged by master for the whole night." 

"You're right." I chuckled when I thought of how she'll react. "Let's head back, tomorrow's going to be busy."

 As I thought, I miss her already. What if she decides to run away from me, no Luna won't do that...but what if one day she...I'll lock her up if that happens. I don't care if that breaks her, I need her by my side...but I don't want her to hate me.

No, it's fine even if she hates me, as long as she is by my side. She must never leave my side...but will I make her upset? I don't want her to be upset but I can't have her leave me...

"You're making me insane," I mumbled.

I guess I'll decide then if that happens.

Back to the palace~

"B-brother?" She's shocked 

"Why are you covered in blood?!" She rushed over to me. 

"Most of it isn't mine," I answered to reassure her.

"So it was today...why didn't you tell me?" Her hands trembled.

 "And that goes for all of you. Keeping me in the dark, that's too cruel even if that's to protect me." She looked up at me teary-eyed. I made her cry...that wasn't my intention.

"...but thank god you guys made it back safely."

"Master, sorry. I have no excuses." Arian apologized and the rest followed.

"Then princess, please rest well for today."

"Brother, let me see your wounds now that they left." She turned to me.

"There's no need to"

"Brother. Now." To think there's a day where I would obediently obey someone.

I took off my shirt as she started to inspect the wound and proceeds to wrap it up.

"When did you learn to bandage someone?" 

"From a book I read." She answered not stopping her hands. "Brother, you made me upset today." 

"I know...I'm sorry." 

"Did you know how I felt when I see you covered in blood?  Do you have any idea how scared I was?" Her lashes quivered as she lowered her gaze.

"Yes...it's probably the same when I thought I'd lost you last time. It's a horrible feeling." 

"Then promise me, don't let me experience this fear again. And make sure to rest." She finally looked at me.

Ah, she's serious. Her eyes are still red and puffy from crying just now. I was the one who made her like this, I feel guilty and happy at the same time...there must be something wrong with me.

"I promise, my dear sister."