Chapter 4

Don't punch them, don't punch them, don't punch them.

Why can't we ever just get ready like normal fucking people would?

I knew I should have gotten ready at home and then get here at night when the party actually started. But Jenn was very adamant about me being here for the total of Saturday. And who am I to deny the birthday girl? It's her day.

Well, it's not her actual birthday. Her birthday is Monday. But we'll spend that at a restaurant somewhere, just the five of us. Tonight is the big celebration though. DJ, open bar. The whole full Monty.

I just want to wrap myself in the fuzzy sheets on Jenn's bed and stay in it for the rest of the night.

Parties give me the worst kinds of anxiety. Intoxicated people make me queasy. There's nothing graver than a bad drunk. I don't even know how to be around the good ones, let alone those. Most importantly- I don't want to be. I don't ever want to experience that kind of fright again. 

So to say I'm excited about this would be a lie.

The combat going on around here isn't making that enthusiasm expand.

They're fighting over fucking hair.

''This is literally what you wanted!'' This would be Nara. Screeching down at the ticking time bomb in a chair.

''It's not! I asked you for a low bun with a middle parting. This bun is almost on the top of my fucking head.'' Soyana's turn to shout.

''My ass will be on the top of your big head if you don't start shutting your mouth and just let me do my work. For the sixth damn time, I'm not done yet.'' Nara looms.

''Would the two of you just shut up? You're giving me a migraine.'' I howl from the corner of the room I'm currently in. Makeup done, just trying to decide what to do with my hair. I have my curls out and the coconut-scented oils in. Now I just have to decide on a parting. I think I'm going to go with a side one. Just let it fall onto one side naturally.

''Right?!'' Ivana agrees with a groan, putting the hair comb in her hand down. ''If it's that much of an issue you can come to me, Soyan. I'll see what I can do. I'm done here anyway.'' 

''Please do.'' Nara grumbles. ''I haven't even started on my makeup.''

Hour later, we hear the truck of the workers who had come in to set everything up in the backyard, leave. And Jenn calls us down to see the end results.

We collectively gasp once we step outside. My eyes immediately fall on the lengthy, overly large bar and barstools at the far end of the yard, few feet behind the pool. Which is entirely cloaked in a thick layer of glass, so nobody would or could fall in. Gazing around I see black and white balloons with 21 on them laying all around and dangling all over the place. The DJ booth is already set up in the middle of the right side of the yard, lights hovering around it. A big golden 2 and 1 balloon at the back of the booth. The sun was still out, so we can't see the little lights shining through just yet, but I can already tell it is going to be absolutely beautiful tonight, especially after it gets dark out.

It's super fucking extra. Its Jenn

I shoot around to the sound of excited hoots, to see the four girls admiring the setting and gawking over it like me. Then I take notice of their appearances.

Nara is wearing the silky, creamy dress we bought at the mall together and styled it with matching block heels. Her brown hair in a high and tight ponytail, showing off her amazing contoured cheekbones and clean make-up. Soyana looks ravishing in her little black dress, styled with a slim pink-colored heel. Her blonde hair straightened and just about touching her shoulder, because she decided that would go better with her whole 'look'. The smokey eye we did is really making her blue eyes stand out. Then we have Ivana who looks like an angel in her elongated, white galalike dress. Her dress might not be as constricted as ours but the white-washing over the fabric is making her chocolate skin pop gorgeously. Her dress was long enough for us to not see the shoes she's wearing, and since she's tall enough to not need the extra hight heels would bring, so she put on comma heels. And last but not least we have Jenn, wearing a silver backless mini dress and gleaming like it's her day. Which it is. The light, wavy curls I put in her dark hair falling over her shoulders, and the dazzling makeup highlighting her perfect Asian features. In conclusion, my friends look hot.