Chapter 38.

His large body sat confidently in the chair across from me as I coward into one of the other couches. He was extremely intimidating in general, but when he is mad, its like a volcano waiting to erupt. I knew that he would be mad if he ever found out about he note but I didn't think he would this soon.

I didn't know whether to tell him or make up a separate lie about it. He tends to catch on to my lies quite often so that may not be the best idea on my part. But, if he finds out it will only cause more trouble for the both of us trying to figure out who sent it.

We sat in silence as he drank from his beer and licked the extra off his lips. I never realized how much he actually drank a day without even getting the slightest bit drunk. Me on the other hand had to nurse a headache the day after he gave me that small sip of whatever it was he was drinking in his office.

"Are you going to sit there and shake like a scared animal or are you going to tell me the truth" he snapped. I didn't even realize the light tremble in my hands as he was near me.

"We didn't have mail" I said sitting quietly in my seat.

"Sure, explain that to the pile of mail sitting on my counter" he snapped running his fingers through his hair.

"Maybe it was a mix up" I shrugged trying to play off the innocent act.

"Sure it was" he said rolling his eyes and pushing his hair back to keep from falling on his forehead.

"It happens all the time, maybe today it mixed up in this area" I said hoping to have him believe my lies.

"A neighborhood with only three people in it, one of them being a gang member" he raised his eyebrows. "Who messes that up?"

"New employee?" I said with my teeth biting on my bottom lip in fear. It was so obvious that I was lying, what idiot would believe that there would be a new employee for Harry's mail.

"You're lying" he seethed. "You've been doing that a lot lately and I can't stand it"

I sat there in silence, what else could I say? There was nothing I could do expect sit there and let him yell at me. As much as it infuriated me, he was right. I was lying, lying about the mail about the note but if I ever admitted that he would never let me live it down.

I wish I could have been kidnapped by someone more understanding, although most people who are kidnapped would be dead by now. But I feel as if dead is the easy way out of life, maybe putting up with all of his crap might just get me somewhere with him, hopefully for him to allow me to go home.

In a different world, I'm sitting in my house with a book or watching television with my entire family, father and all. Living a happy life, not having to worry about people taking me away from my home or having to worry about loosing any family members to a gang.

Sometimes I forget that the gangs in the world is how my life had become. They shaped me into a scared girl who was too afraid to even breath the wrong way in front of someone. They tore me down yet at the same time made me stronger in the sense of loosing people. The made me weak and built me strong.

I looked over at Harry to see him tapping his black, sock-covered foot against the hardwood floors that I had just washed recently. Sometime I wonder how he even survived without someone to cook and clean in this house. Maybe he has a maid?

"Are you listening to me?" he said snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked over at him with a frazzled face.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I asked making him growl to himself.

" Pay attention, Arabella. I said, I'm not even going to bring up you snooping through my text messages just minutes before this whole situation happened" he growled making me feel powerless.