Chapter 11: Heartbreak

"Wait so let me get this straight," Rey muttered with knitted brows

"Wait so let me get this straight," Rey muttered with knitted brows. Her, Ned, and Cedric were all sitting together at the Hufflepuff table. The Champions were to be announced at any moment and Cedric was waiting with anticipation.

"You put your name in the Goblet to get Amora's attention? After she told you not to?" Rey restated, her eyes growing wide.

"I just assumed that since she hasn't spoken to me all week" Cedric started. Rey facepalmed as Ned let out a long disappointed sigh.

Ned shook his head before saying, "That has to be the dumbest plan I've ever heard."

"Let's just keep our fingers crossed you don't get chosen," Rey mumbled as she looked over to the goblet. Cedric knew he wasn't going to get chosen since there were many other candidates, but it was the last plan he had left. Meanwhile, at the Slytherin table, Amora was poking at her steak.

"You haven't even taken a bite babe," Belle muttered to her, concerned.

"I'm just stressed, you know? I heard rumors about Cedric sneaking in and putting his name in, but rumors are just rumors," Amora sighed.

"What if he did put his name in? If he did get chosen?" Aaron asked, taking a swig of his Pumpkin Juice.

"Then I'm dumping his ass."

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Fleur Delacour!"

Amora and Belle applauded, delighted that there was a girl Champion.

"Now, for Hogwarts," Dumbledore boomed as a piece of parchment flew from the goblet. Belle squeezed Amora's hand, praying for the best. Only one thought was racing through Amora's mind however.

Not Cedric, not Cedric. Please god, anyone but Cedric. I can't lose him.

"Cedric Diggory!"

Amora's heart shattered as her eyes instantly flew over to the Hufflepuff table. He had gone behind her back. He lied to her. He had just taken a sledgehammer to her heart and broke it until it couldn't even beat again. Cedric stood up, flashing his infamous lop sided grin.

However, he wasn't focused on the crowds of admirers he had. His grey eyes were searching for her chocolate brown ones. Once they locked eyes, he knew he made a mistake. An awful one too. He tried to go back, to tell her it was all his fault. He wanted to hug her, hold her close. But something kept his legs moving towards the front and to the trophy room door. He looked back one more time and saw her, racing out of the room.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore called out as Amora burst through the Great Hall doors. She bit her lip as Aaron and Belle raced after her, calling for her to come back. She didn't stop, she just kept moving. Her legs stretched out as her stumbling turned to sprinting. She was free. No one could hold her back. Tears once again threatened her eyes but she bit her lip to hold them back. She didn't let an ounce of emotion show until she collapsed on the shore of the Black Lake and a sob escaped her lips. She watched as her tears swirled with the Black Lake's murky water. She tried to remember what happened, where everything went wrong. It still mattered that Cedric could possibly end up getting himself hurt, or worse, killed. Yes, those thoughts had haunted Amora for the past week. What made him being chosen so heart wrenching was the fact that he hadn't told her. She told him not to, but he could at least have told her he was going to anyways. So here she was, just a heartbroken idiot crying on a Tuesday night.