F I R E W H I S K E Y

lucille granger

"Lorenzo-. It's not like that," I pleaded.

"For fucks sake can you both stop lying!" He yelled, jolting up from the bed. He lets out a frustrated laugh. "It's best if you just tell us now instead of getting caught again".

He had a point. I don't know how long this was going to last, so might as well tell them now, right?

I looked over at Draco and he had distraught in his eyes. I sighed.

"We've been... talking for a few days, now." I appointed. Saying it made me feel guilty. It was such short time, but given that we've known each other for 6 years it sort of felt... normal; like things were sort of meant to happen.

"Can you confirm this?" Lorenzo looked at Draco.

Draco looked around, reading the room's atmosphere.

"Yes..." He responded lowly.

Silence emitted the room. It felt as if Lorenzo, Blaise, and Onyx were my parents and I was just caught with a boy they told me to stop seeing.

"That's all you guys had to say," Lorenzo complained.

"It just sucks that we had to find out... this way..." Onyx added.

"I saw it coming," Blaise stated.

"Did you , now?" Onyx looked at him.

"Did, too!" He responded, throwing his hands in the air.

"Rubbish. Just pure rubbish from YOUR mouth. The mouth YOU used to kiss Pansy,"

"I thought we were already over this-"

"Guys!" Lorenzo chimed, clapping his hands, "Project! We have a project to work on".

I cleared my throat and moved away from Draco to avoid any awkward tension.

"Can we put this behind us?" I mumbled.

Lorenzo sighed. "I guess we could. I'm not gonna pretend and say it didn't hurt that you guys kept it a secret, but yes. We can".

Lorenzo sat on the ground and laid out the parchment and quills. I brought my text book to the ground and Blaise followed. I turned around and faced Draco.

He looked defeated, but as soon as our eyes met, he glowed and gave me a weak smile. I smiled back. He pulled out the herb from his bag and waved it around.

"Can you pack the bowl already? I am stressed," Onyx huffed. Draco chuckled.

"Bowl?" I queried.

"That's what this is called," Draco responded, holding up the glass object that was similar to Enzo's. "It was given to me by Enzo from the muggle world". Of course Enzo got him a fucking bowl.

Draco broke the herb into pieces and packed the bowl. He then pulled out a small box a matches and set them both on the ground in the circle that we're forming.

We all ended up sitting on the floor. I sat by  Draco and Onyx while Lorenzo and Blaise sat across us.

We immediately got to work. If there was one thing that we were all good at as a group, it was being able to multitask and getting things done when required. Sure, all of us are foolish and act ridiculous, but beneath the surface we truly knew what to do, and how to do things.

I flipped open my textbook as Lorenzo started labeling things on the parchment. Blaise was highlighting certain parts in his textbook that may help us with the 4 charms we decided to work on.