27 | to fear to have control

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

control—to have power, to dominate.

how do you gain control?

through fear.

that's the only method taehyung has ever known.

and as he watched jeongguk slowly fall apart, he knew he was the only one who could do something about it.

"you need to control him."

jimin's words echoed through his mind, and he knew his friend was right.

if he continued to let jeongguk run around like this, the boy would only leave more corpses in his wake.

he was fucking danger to society. 

but taheyung didn't want to.

and he knew if he fell back into the same dark persona then jeongguk might end up hating him.

and.... maybe, maybe taehyung didn't like the thought of that.

but it has to be done.

taehyung didn't know any other way. how can you tame a psychotic teenager without making them fear you? otherwise they think that they can walk all over you, overpower you, and taehyung had to make it clear that jeongguk didn't stand a chance against him.

and that's how they ended up here.

taehyung back to his dark ways. 

poor poor little jeonggukie.

━━━━━━━

fear.

a foreign feeling to jeongguk. he was a strong brave young 18-year-old who was afraid of nothing.

at least that's what he thought.

he hated the fear. the fear that shook throughout his entire being, rattling him down to his core. his body trembled, his lips quivered, his hands shaking uncontrollably, tears pricked his eyes, and his heart was pounding so hard jeongguk was sure that it was about to leap out from his chest.

fear.

he thought he was stronger than this. he thought it would take so much more to break him. he thought he was invincible.

yet here he was.

backed into the corner of the familiar dark, cold, wooden-floored room. the teen had his knees pulled up to his chest, while biting his lips together, pathetically trying to keep his sniffles and hiccups from escaping.

because he knew that if he were to make another sound, things wouldn't end well.

so every time he felt a cry crawling up his throat, he thickly swallowed it, making it gather at the pit of his stomach where he already felt the build-up of bile gathering.

the male sitting on the couch threw a popcorn at him.

jeongguk stifled a whimper. he didn't want the older to notice him, to pay attention to him. the scared boy buried his face into his knees, trying to calm himself as his body shuddered in fear.

fear.

a feeling that used to be so foreign to jeongguk.

now it was nearly engraved into his body. he knew it so well, something he had been dealing with for the past few months.