TWENTY-NINE

THIRD PERSON.

Just nearing 4am, the sun ready to rise after the previous windy night before, Corbyn sat in Kai's car as he let out a sigh, the girl fast asleep beside him.

After she fell asleep only two hours ago, the boy began his drive to exactly where he was planning to go. And not even an hour later, the car was now sat just outside the town of Lakeside as his eyes were fixed on the small sign he stopped just beside.

Wanting to make sure she was home safe before he tired to harm himself, knowing that if anything happened to the boy she'd be the first to do the same, he just couldn't bring himself to drive past the sign that confirmed you were in Lakeside.

His new plan was to drop the girl back in her hometown and take his car away with him and now that all his social media's were deactivated, he was now at a point of not returning anywhere, the thought of faking his death were slowly turning real and he didn't want Kai to be there for that.

The temptation to grab Kai's phone in between them and call Gavin, wanting to ask the boy to bring his car to him so that he could leave Kai in the hands of her old best friend seemed to be growing on Corbyn but at the same time he didn't want to leave her without a warning.

His eyes full of tears, his eyes glanced at her phone as he desperately tried to resist the urge to call Gavin.

And so as his head was leant against the headrest of the seat, the boy hit the steering wheel before falling his head onto the top of it, unsure of what to do with the current situation he was stuck in.

But after that single hit of the steering wheel, Corbyn soon broke down, grabbing his phone from the cup holder of the car and getting out before he sat beside the car and placed himself so he was leant against the side of it, trying to find the one person he needed to call.

Not even after ten seconds of calling the number, Daniel picked up the phone and after hearing the faint sobs from Corbyn, his quickly grew worried as he was heard rushing off to another room.

"Corbyn? Are you alright?"

"I don't- I don't know what to do," he said with a shake in his voice, taking deep and uneasy breaths, "So many people are looking for me and I can't put that stress on Kai."

"Where are you right now?" Daniel asked, hearing Corbyn go quiet, "I'm not going to tell anyone."

"I'm outside Lakeside, I was about to drop Kai home." Corbyn replied, "As long as I get her home it doesn't matter, right? I can just drop her home and everything is fine, isn't it?"

"And what about-"

"It doesn't matter about me, Jason wants his daughter home that's all I need to make sure I do-"

"Corbyn you're not doing anything to hurt yourself," Daniel said, "I will come find you myself If you think about that."

"I just can't," he sighed, stopping himself from speaking as Daniel went quiet too, a frown on his face from hearing the boy cry with having no one around to comfort him.

"Finish your road trip," Daniel said softly, "Finish it so you don't let Kai down and I'll come pick you up with Ashley, we'll take care of the rest."

"Aren't they already looking for me?" He asked.

"Yeah but I can try and distract them, just finish your road trip, don't let me down and don't you dare do anything to intentionally harm yourself." Daniel told the boy, "I need to go, we're having a games night."

"Ok," the boy replied before quickly ending the call with Daniel, then looking back at the Lakeside sign, standing back up.

Wiping both his eyes and then wiping his hands dry on his sweatpants, he got himself back into the driver's seat of the car, putting his phone in the cup holder and reaching for Kai's, but soon stopping himself just before getting ahold of it.

And so he turned the car engine back on and waited a couple more minutes, deciding on what to do and the risks that could come with it, knowing that either way he'd be stuck in the same place he started unless he dropped the girl back with her dad and he went off to find the end of his story.

Thinking back to what his band mate had said, he pushed that thought to the side of his head, turning the car back around and heading off down the road to finish off the last two states of their road trip so that he wouldn't let her down and so that he could make the two of them official.

Because maybe all he needed was someone to be there for him when he needed it most, a person to remind him why he does what he does, someone who is his home.

A/N

ok 11 chapters left what do u think is gonna happen :)