Chapter 1

Tanna Carson

"Have you thought about my offer yet?"

"I'm not really sure at the moment but I'm leaning towards staying on campus though."

"Come on Tanna, don't be impossible."

"What do you mean impossible? Actually, better yet, how am I being impossible?"

"Tan, you know that there's space for you to move in with me, don't be ridiculous."

"Alex, you're going into your second year in college and with the band, the last thing you'll want is some freshman hanging around you, especially the guys."

"You know they won't mind."

"I haven't even met them al, how would I know?" I sigh as he shrugs.

"Not in person, as of yet, but you've spoken to them on FaceTime."

"I, I really don't want to be a burden on any of you."

"I wouldn't have suggested it if the boys had something against it and besides, they can't wait to officially meet my best friend from across the world."

"I'll think about it." I say slowly and as the words leave my lips, the biggest smile breaks out onto his face. "Key word think."

"Yeah yeah." He says huffing making me laugh. "Anyways, how's your senior year finishing off?"

"It's moving way so slowly. Like, we're already finished all the work for final exams, so I'm not really sure why we still have school everyday."

"Sucks to still be in high school doesn't it?" He teases and laughs as I roll my eyes in response.

"You're still coming down for prom right?" I ask, pushing my nails into the palms of my hand at the thought of him canceling on me.

"I wouldn't miss it and you know that! Already have my suit and I have to show it off somewhere." He says winking, "but are you sure there isn't anyone from school you wanna take? What about Ryan?"

"Okay you know that was just a crush and it'll never happen." I sigh, sitting up on my bed with my phone in hand.

"Why wouldn't it?" He asks curiously as his eyebrows furrow together.

"I- whatever it doesn't really matter." I say pouting, but smiling quickly as I try to change the subject. "I actually can't wait to see you. It's been too long."

"Ay tan, don't change the subject on me. What were you going to say?" I sigh shaking my head softly, knowing that he wouldn't let it go.

"Nothing was ever going to happen with Ryan, I'm far from his type."

"Yeah, and what's his type?Beautiful?" I nod, sighing to myself as he scoffs. "Okay so then, you're his type, what's the issue?"

"No I'm not, definitely not." I say, dropping my gaze from the screen to my bed, trying to avoid his gaze.

"You are so beautiful tan, anyone who doesn't see that doesn't deserve your time. Now don't be sad when I'm not there. It kills me that I can't hug you." He says, and I can't help but pout in response.

"You know how much I miss you right?"

"Only nine days Tan."

"That's way too long." I complain, hearing his laugh echo through the screen.

"Well don't worry, you'll take that back when you'll be living with me next year." He says making me laugh and shake my head.

"Alex."

"Tanna."

I huff as a smile takes over my face at the sight of his cheeky smile. "Anyways, How's the band?"

"It's awesome, we've got another gig booked tonight at a club near the college. The boys and I are super hyped."

"I can only imagine." I say smiling at his pure excitement. "You guys are booking gig after gig, you're gonna become too famous and forget about me."

"I'd never forget about you." He says rolling his eyes in response.

"I'm only teasing." I say winking as he chuckles deeply.

"Are you gonna tune into the livestream tonight? We go on at half past eight."

"You know as much as I'd love to, time zones do exist." I say, watching the pout take over his features. "Sadly, I'm going to be asleep at four thirty in the morning."

"Come on Tan, it's a Friday. Since you don't have school tomorrow you can sleep in after?" I smile softly l, hearing the pleading tone in his voice.

"Mmh, okay, let me set my alarm then." The words once again bring a smile across his face. "At this rate, by the time I see you live, I'll know all your songs off by heart."

"Yeah, I'd hope so. Can't wait till you finally get to see us live." He says laughing.

"Then maybe I'll be able to see what all the hype is about." I say teasingly as he chuckles again.

"You say that but you really do enjoy our music tan, don't deny it."

"Tanna darling, dinner is ready, come down."

"Yeah Al, whatever you say." I roll my eyes as I get up off the bed and make my way downstairs towards the dining room. "What are you up to? Don't you have any classes today?"

"Yep, I do, but not for another hour." He explains as I walk toward the table. "Then the boys and I are gonna rehearse after class."

"Sounds fun." I smile, about to continue talking but I'm cut off when my mom enters the room.

"Who's on the phone Tan?"

"It's Alex ma." I say giggling, watching her eyes light up as she walks into the camera's view.

"Alex honey, how are you?" Alex and I have been best friends years, that I'd consider us closer to the family mark then the best friend one.

"I'm good thanks and you Kate?"

"We're all good here, though we do miss you! How's the band?" My mom asks as I sit there, smiling at their interaction.

"Really good, we're performing tonight, super excited." He says as my mom nods with a smile. "Oh Kate, has Tanna spoken to you about moving in with me next year?"

"Darling, Tan is always on her own mission, I'd think she'd be silly not to, but that's up to her." I roll my eyes at the two of them before smiling.

"I'll give you an answer soon Al, I promise. Now I'm gonna go eat, I'll chat to you later, yeah?"

"One hundred, catch you on the flip side." He flashes me a wink as a shake my head in laughter. "Don't forget to set your alarm. Need my best friend there."