forty one

THIRD PERSON POV.

"Athene."

Majority of the two families were bewildered on how the heir to the Mexican Cartel and the Italian Mafia princess already knew each other but before they could ask,

"Javier? Like Javier Javier! Like Javier that goes to school with Athena Javier!" Adriano whispered looking to Giovanni who turned to Elias,

Eli shrugged. Quite frankly he didn't care that much.

Ignoring the devil duo behind her Athena followed behind her father, taking a seat with him to her left and Elias to her right. 'As long as I'm not next to Gio or Adriano this dinner I'm good.' She thought.

Settling in her seat, Athena went to glance at the yet to be introduced across the table. However, when she was about to look up she felt a pull on her sweater sleeve.

Looking down to her side she saw a young boy possibly around the age of 6-7 with his arms up. A signal to pick him up, looking at who she correctly assumed to be Joaquin and Mrs. Amor she saw them nod.

Now having permission, she secured her hands under his arms and effortlessly lifted him into her lap. "What's up little man."

He looked at her face for a moment before placing his small hands on her freckle covered cheeks, gently turning her head to the side he leaned near her ear and whispered, "Your very pretty, JJ talks about you a lot Athene."

He leaned away and grabbed her right hand, tracing the small rose tattoo on her middle finger. As he did, Athena quickly looked up at Javier eyebrows raised in amusement.

Of course this action confused him, but it was short lived when his younger brother started talking to her again.

"Is your name really Athene?" The six year olds head tilted slightly to the side as he inspected the ink in her skin. "My names Gabriel."

Athena lightly laughed at him, taking an immediate liking to the boy.

He reminded her of children from the orphanage.

"My name is Athena." She spoke, a soft expression taking over her face.

"Like the Goddess JJ tells me about?" The boys eyes went wide with excitement and everyone laughed at his quick mood change.

"Yup, exactly like her." Athena smiled at the boy who went back to tracing her tattoo with his small fingers.

Both families- who were extremely invested in the two's conversation- watched carefully as their youngest members interacted.

The Amor's were shocked on Gabriel's instant liking to Athena. Around new people, the six year old tends to stay near his mother or sister.

And the Ferrari's were surprised at how easily Athena could get along with children. When she had first met them she was, well,  'emotionless' and socially awkward. But observing her now, the duos interaction seemed so natural to her.

DEMITRIS POV.

Dad once told me that a true man can admit when he was about to cry, and seeing Athena with Gabriel in her arms I thought I was going to.

The way she looked at him with awe and happiness reminded me of mom all those years ago.

She looks just like her.

Flashback:
Third Person pov.

-"Mom! Dad! Come Listen!" Seven year old Demitri ran into the kitchen to see his Mother feeding Adriano and his father sipping his coffee.