Chapter 2

Eva's POV

After our awkward moment of introducing and remembering each other I sat down at the table trying to sit so my bruises on my stomach wouldn't ache.

"So Eva," Arthur Weasley who she had just been introduced to, "you are Muggleborn correct?"

"Um yes?" Why'd you say it like a question. Stupid.

Ginny who was next to me spoke up, "You don't know?"

"Never knew my Mum so for all I know she could be a witch."

"So about Muggles-" Molly quickly cut Arthur off. "So dear what year and house are you in. Dumbledore didn't tell me much about you."

"Ravenclaw. About to be 4th year," I replied rather quickly while shoving her delicious cooking down my throat. At the moment I didn't care how I looked, I was starving. Dad had barely had enough Muggle money to get us food this week.

"Ah the year right in between George, Fred and Ron. You know-"

"So why'd you come live with us then," Ron asked oblivious to everyone's looks as I dropped my fork.

Both Molly and Fred, well the one I was 90 percent sure was Fred, both hit Ron upside the head as I tried to not start shaking.

"Just um. H-he's a Muggle, my dad and couldn't- couldn't take having a witch daughter so..." I trailed off trying to keep the tears from rolling down my cheeks.

As Molly tried to push the topic to something else I got up and moved to my trunk. "Where should I sleep? I don't want to be a bother but anywhere's fine. Even the garage."

I pushed out a weak laugh as Molly looked at me horrified. Why did I say that. They already see you as a beaten puppy and you just made it worse for yourself.

Sighing I followed Ginny up to her room, after Molly announced I'd be sleeping there, and to a bed that was across from hers. I threw my small trunk on the bed and called to the young redhead as she was leaving.

"Ginny I going to bed but I want to thank you. And tell your Mum I said thank you for everything." She nodded as I laid in my new bed, not bothering to change.

Ginny's POV

I climbed back down the stairs from my room and back to the kitchen where everyone was finishing up.

"Mum?" I asked softly hoping Eva couldn't hear me. "What happened to Eva? Why-why is she living here?"

"Don't complain-"

"I'm not Mum. I just want to know." I could see my three brothers and fathers eyes on her, also interested in our new roommate's story.

"Her father was a drunk who didn't like magic. He...he hurt her quite a bit and today he threatened to tell people she was a witch. Dumbledore told me she Obliviated him. Not well, they had oh not the point. But for her safety she was moved here for now."

I noticed all of my family had the same sad-guilty faces. Though Fred had something a little bit different on his face I couldn't recognize. But as I helped Mum finish cleaning I told myself I wasn't going to treat Eva any different.

After everything last year with Tom Riddle and his diary. I knew what it was like to be pitied.

I climbed the stairs quietly with Fred and George, stopping them before I entered my room. "Be nice to her tomorrow but don't pity her too much. Just..be yourselves. But not too much."

"Will do sis," Fred smiled as George said at the same time. "Night Gin."