Chapter 20

Ame's P.O.V 

(I got positive feedback from the second part of the last chapter, so I might be doing that more often. However, not in this chapter.)

(And, wow. I can't believe that it's been 20 chapters already. Yet, this book was started on the 29th of May ;w;)

2/23/24

Dear diary,

Hey, long time no see. 

Anyways, a lot of stuff has happened in the past week. Maybe a lot isn't the right word for it.

Mostly a certain Russian.

Ever since last Friday when we made the truce, for real this time, he's been genuinely nicer to me. Sadly, it only ever happened while we were alone. 

He does still call me names, but I do the same to him. In the past meeting back on Wednesday, he held the door open for me when we left the room, which was nice.

It certainly wasn't anything big, but sometimes something small could mean the world to you. 

Last night, he made some food for himself and I. I haven't had his cooking before, but it was good, and a nice change of pace from the same meals that I usually had.

Speaking of nice things, the states have been keeping in touch with me. 

They called me every night for the past week, and I'm very proud of them for not having any disasters go down. Well, aside from another tickle attack orchestrated by Florida to get payback at Hawaii. 

Alaska did not like that. She immediately turned the tide on Florida the moment he touched Hawaii. From the way that it sounded, it wasn't pretty.

Alaska is still being protective of her little sister. And Florida? Well, he won't be starting anything with Hawaii for a long time.

Oh, yeah, Valentine's Day also happened last Saturday. It wasn't as exciting, since we were all trapped here. But Switzerland provided some of her delicious chocolate, which was greatly appreciated by all of us. 

However, something else happened in the past week that boggled my mind. 

So, some context might be needed. 

Mexico got attacked, that part is fairly straight forward. But when UN had some civilian searchers take photos of the crime scene, they found some things out of place. 

There was blood, which was to be expected, but there were also papers thrown down onto the ground. There were also some others in a tipsy pile on Mexico's desk.

That pile, when looked through, had a list of countries and Mexico's relationship with each of them. 

For the past two days, we speculated on why  those papers were disheveled. We still hadn't come to a complete conclusion, but we had our thoughts. 

It's just been a conf-

A knock on my door disturbed my writing. "One second!" I yelled, as I pulled open my drawer, and stuffed the diary into it.

I quickly swooped my legs over my bed and rushed to the door. I grabbed my handle and yanked it open.

I figured who it was before I opened the door. Low and behold, I was right.