chapter ten

chapter ten:: kiss me kiss me

"GOD, Evan, just drop it!" I groaned loudly, as I worked on my sheet music.

Evan paced my room, regardless, "Dawn, you don't even want to know why?"

"No!" I huffed, "He left and now he's back, and I don't care."

"Yes, you do," He argued, "I know you do." And he was right. I do care and I do want to know why he was here, but I sure as hell won't admit that or put myself in a position where I could fall for Hayes' antics. Not again.

"Evan, just let me finish this. You're distracting me," I told him, continuing to critique my sheet.

"He's back for a reason, Dawn," He went on and I rolled my eyes, "After a year being gone, he's come back and instantly trying to be on your good side bringing your favorite coffee and coming to your show."

"Which I could care less about," I informed him, "Hayes is in the back of my mind-"

"But he's on your mind," I give Evan a look as he interrupted me.

"Yeah, as the bastard who basically chose to break up with me by getting the hell out of dodge," I pushed my hair behind my ears, "He's had an entire year to give me his reasons, but now it's too late. I don't want to hear it."

"Yes, you do," He disagreed, and I groaned. It's like he was reading my mind, "You should get closure."

"He's a sociopath, Evan," I stated, "The moment I sit down with him, he's going to manipulate me and the situation and make it seem like the I'm the reason he left yet I should still take him back. That's how he is."

Evan then walked to my mirror to look at himself fixing his hair and I was about to go back to writing out my music until I saw Luke appear in my room. I furrowed my brows, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

Evan then turned to look at me and Luke looked over at him before at me as well, "Sorry, I didn't know you were busy."

"It's fine, Evan was just going home," I then turned to Evan and he slightly gasped, knowing who I was talking to.

"You know, what? Fine, I'll leave you and your little ghost boyfriend alone," He smirked when I gave him a look as he grabbed his bag and turned to me, "But I'm serious about this whole Hayes thing. Just talk to him."

I hummed, "I'll think about it." He nodded and said goodbye to me and Luke, though he couldn't hear Luke respond or see him wave until he left. I then looked at Luke, "What's up?"

"I just wanted to apologize for just ghosting like that today," He said, laughing lightly at his choice of words, "And also interrupting your conversation."

"Oh, that's okay. I know it was probably a lot to take in," I told him and watched him sit on my bed. He crossed his legs just like me and sat across from me so we faced each other.

"Everything is just going so wrong for me," He huffed out, messing with my pen that I laid down, "I died before I even got play at the biggest stage in Hollywood, my song got stolen from a douche who has a helicopter with his face on it, my parents don't even know that one of those songs were for them, and now.." He paused to meet my eyes briefly before back at my pen, "Now I'm going to disappear off of the face of the earth right when I finally have a second chance to be great."

"Luke, we'll figure this out," I assured him, and grab his hand, causing him to quickly look up at me with a soft smile. I smile back, "What?"

"I finally felt that from you," He told me and I furrowed my brows, "I usually never feel you hug me, but I felt that." I then look at my hand and raise it up for him to hold his hand less than an inch from mine. It was as if you were trying to not make magnets connect, but with no gravitational pull- more just the curiosity trying to pull our hands together. I watch as he laid his hand flat against mine, just to look at me, "Did you feel that?"