Chapter 15

Once they got out and passed that phase...

"That was so pathetic..." Leorio muttered out wearily, "Hm?" I questioned him.

"I needed your help to do everything for me during the fourth phase." Leorio sighed.

"I promise I'll return the favor." Leorio looked at us determinedly, "So... T-thanks." He blushed slightly and looked away.

"Oooh looks like someone's not used to thanking others~?" I teased gleefully, "Shut up!!" Leorio screeched with a redder face.

"I have an announcement for all applicants." An announcement began playing throughout the ship.

"The chairman wishes to interview the remaining candidates. So when your number is called please come to the first reception room on the first floor." It continued.

"Interview?" I murmur under my breath thoughtfully waiting for my number to be called upon.

• • •

"Hello, you are the last participant here. Now tell me, who do you want to fight the most and least." The chairman asked.

"Hmm... I want to fight uhm... Anybody will do just fine except for Killua, Gon, Kurapika and Leorio. Y'know what! I want to fight Tonpa! Is he in this?" I asked.

"Hmm I see... Tonpa? Well he unfortunately didn't make it." He replied.

"And we'll have an extra mystery opponent so you still wouldn't mind fighting them?" He asked me.

"Nope~ Are you telling them that we'll fight for the final phase~?" I chuckled aloud, it was pretty obvious that the old man wanted to see me fight.

"Oho? My apologies it slipped out of my mouth, don't tell the other participants about this." He laughed softly, "Alright you are excused." He smiled at me as I nodded.

Leaving the room with a click, "Imma shower then~~" I sang as I saw the gang waiting nearby.

"Hm okay." They replied as I skipped off.

• • •

"The final phase... You guys will fight against each other according to this sign board." The chairman explained before he pulled the cloth off the board.

I stared at the board shocked, "Wait! Why am I fighting no one?!" I exclaimed, "There are some reasons for that..." He replied with a smile.

"Oh? Do tell." I crossed my arm and asked, "Firstly, the first match we had, you won so you already deserve to be a hunter since I promised."

"Secondly, your potential is really great so I can tell that you will definitely be able to win the exam." He explained with a slight grin.

"And...?" I asked, "And I did it because there's no one you can fight with." He continued on cheerily as I stared at him with a deadpan expression.

"... Okay at least..." I trailed off as the other contestants looked at me with either admiration, jealousy or nothing.

"I CAN CHILL! BANZAI!" I cheered, tossing up the sleeping Kurama up into the air as he got the shock of his life.

Feeling groggy from his sleep, he thought I was the enemy and bit my hand deeply, tearing off a small bit of my flesh.

"..." Everyone stared at my wound, Kurama's dazed eyes slowly cleared up as he tasted the metallic blood, and the scent of metal filled up his nostrils.

"KIT!" He roared out concernedly as he ran towards me, "I-..." I trailed off awkwardly.

Kurama knowing he can't do anything in his fox form transformed to a random human form.

I expected it to be a guy but he unexpectedly became a girl, "Hey! I'm gender neutral okay!" He- She- They? Exclaimed.

But then he quickly rushed to bandage up my wound. "Uh... Hahaha nothing to see here just continue your speech or whatever." I chuckled awkwardly as Kurama bandaged up my hand.

"I knew it! The fox was rabid!" Leorio exclaimed, "Nah ah! I don't have rabies!" Kurama growled out angrily.

"Kurama.." I trailed off expressionlessly as he gulped nervously, "I'm sorry 'ruko." He smiled at me apologetically

"Mhm..." I hummed in reply, "Uh... Anyways the conditions of passing this last exam is to win one match." The chairman explained.

Glancing at my wound as the bandages were slightly red, however I could sense that Kurama healing abilities helped me to close the wound.

"Dang Kurapika! You're up against Hisoka!?" I exclaimed in the group, "You just noticed-?" Killua asked with a deadpan.

"Duh! I was preoccupied with something." I sassed back, showing him my bandaged hand.

I'm lazy to write fighting scenes so I'll just say who won and lost • • •

Kurapika unexpectedly won but he looked upset with what Hisoka murmured into his ears. "WOW YOUR EYES LOOKS LIKE THE SHARINGAN!" I exclaimed as I saw Kurapika's eyes became bloody red.

However as I made that remark, he calmed himself down and remained expressionless once more. "Sharingan?" Kurapika asked coolly as he walked away from the 'arena' like place.

"Mhm, I'll explain it to you outside." I cheerfully said as we headed out with Leorio tagging along behind.

"What did he say to you?" Leorio asked concernedly, "He just mentioned something about the Spiders.." Kurapika responded half-heartedly as he explained what the Spiders is.

"I was intrigued with the information he gave.." He continued, "Well whatever it is. You did it Kurapika!" Leorio said, smiling at Kurapika.

"Why do I feel like I'm third wheeling here..." I said out all of the sudden.

"Oh- Sorry Naruko." Leorio replied, "What did you say about the.. Sharin.. gan?" Kurapika asked.

"Ohh yeah that! It is a pair of eyes that is insanely powerful and cool! However it comes with great risks sometimes.." I explained.

"Pair of eyes...?" Kurapika asked, slightly interested with my words.

"Yep, in my ninja village it is known to be quite strong. Looking into the eyes of it when it is activated, will make you fall into a genjutsu." I explained slightly more.

"Hm... I see." Kurapika mumbled, "Mhm! And it is red! Just like how your eyes were previously." I continued cheerfully.

"You saw that!?" Kurapika exclaimed with shock, "Saw what?" Leorio asked.

"Uh nothing.. Leorio can I have a private talk with Naruko?" Kurapika asked. "Oho? Are you professing your love or something? Why so private." Leorio asked with a lenny smirk.

"W-what!? No! I'm talking to her about my clan!" Kurapika exclaimed with a pink tint on his face.

"I- what the f*** Leorio. I knew you were senile but I didn't knew it affected you so much." I cussed with a shocked look.

The both of them stared at me shocked as I cussed, "What!?" I hissed back sharply.

"Uh... Imma just leave.." Leorio awkwardly replied as he walked off.

"What do you want to talk about Kurapika?" I asked with my arms crossed.

"Uh... Please don't tell anyone else about my eyes turning red." Kurapika pleaded, "Of course, I won't tell anyone." I grinned at him.

"You have my thanks Naruko." Kurapika replied formally, "Uh- Okay don't need to be so formal." I chuckled at his response.

"Haha I guess." Kurapika laughed a little, "Lets head back in to watch the rest of the show." I suggested, to which he nodded in response with my comment.

__________________________________________
Hi... I Hope you enjoyed this short chapter!

If anyone shipped Naruko to Kurapika- That was something small and why do you think she should be with Kurapika?