Chapter 7

It's the day of the Ball. I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach. I didn't think I was going to be able to go and here we are in my room getting all dressed up with my friends. I have always loved getting dressed up. Even though it's a simple pleasure it brings so much joy to me. There is a weird feeling on my stomach because the last time I was getting ready for a formal event, Cedric was my date. It was my cousin's wedding and I had the most beautiful cream dress.

I push the thought out of my mind as Ginny finishes doing my hair. I decided to curl my dark hair while putting it in a loose up-do.

"Thank you Ginny." I say smiling up at her through the mirror. Ginny gives me a small nod and smiles in response.

"So Olivia, Cormac is hot!" Parvati Patil says as she puts on her blush.

"I mean he's good looking but... not happening." I say smiling as I start my makeup.

"Why not? He's so handsome Liv! Plus he's so good at Quidditch." Fay gushes.

"I think he's too into himself to even function." Ginny says with a giggle.

I laugh at Ginny's response because there is too much truth behind it.

"I just hope he is a lovely date in all honesty." I say still working on my makeup. 

"I think he will be." Padma responses.

I finish my makeup with some light pink gloss on my full lips. I finally take my dress out and slip it over my body. It still looks just amazing as it did when I first tried it on a couple days ago.

I slip into my golden heels and match them with gold jewelry. I finished off with my mother's necklace. It matches perfectly with my dress. It's a gold necklace with deep sage colored diamonds. It couldn't be more perfect. I only wear her necklace on special occasions or when I feel like I need her comfort around me. I think this event is fitting. The last time I wore it was at Cedric's funeral.

"We look fit ladies!" Hermione says with a smile. We all giggle and nod in agreement. I look at everyone and see Ginny wearing a beautiful white gown with silver beading on the waist. Hermione is wearing a floor length pale blue dress with off the shoulder sleeves. The Patil twins are matching in blue and green gowns as Fay wears a pale pink flowy dress.

"Let's go meet the boys!" Fay says as we start to leave our room.

We all walk out into the corridors of the castle being careful not to step on each other's dresses. We get near the stairs by the Great Hall and we all do last minute checks on each other before meeting up with our dates who should be at the bottom of the steps. After our touch ups we turn the corner to see the boys.

The other girls move faster than me to get down the steps because I feel like I am about to trip and fall down at any moment. I look down to see Cormac in a black suit staring at me with a smile. I look at him and give him a small grin back. I quickly feel my eyes be drawn to the person behind him staring at me. Malfoy.

His silver eyes are piercing into mine. His mouth parted watching my every move down the stairs. We don't break eye contact as I continue down. The tension between us is fiery and I can feel it all the way from the staircase. His date Tracy was standing next to him but he didn't even look at her once we made eye contact. I couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable while we were staring at each other. I notice his attire and he looks....attractive. He is wearing an all black tux with black shoes. The only other color on his body were his silver rings.

I finally break the heavy eye contact as I make it to the bottom of the stairs.

"You look absolutely beautiful Olivia." Cormac says with a wide smile.