What the Hecks and I Love Yous

It was another peaceful morning with the Bladebreakers. It was ten past seven when Kai woke up.

He woke up to find everyone gone. Not a single soul in the room with him. He looked around, getting worried for his friends.

'Where could they have gone to so early in the morning? And what's with Tyson waking up early, without me having to make him my punch bag.", thought Kai.

He continued searching the entire house but to no avail. He finally went out to the garden and as soon as he did,

"Happy Birthday Grouch!!!"

"What the heck!", Kai jumped back in surprise.

"Sorry, we meant to say-", replied Shreya.

"Happy Birthday Kai!!!"

, they exclaimed once again.

"That was not what I meant-Anyways, who told you it's my birthday? 'Cause it's not.", he scoffed.

"Your BBA ID so stop lying.", replied Shreya, holding out his ID card.

"Give me that!", Kai tried to snatch it from her.

"I'm not that easy, cutie!", Shreya teased.

"Don't you dare call me that again! And give me my ID back, you little punk!", he ran behind her.

"Why not? You are so cute! Too cute actually! So technically you are a cutie.", Shreya made Kai chase her around the house until they reached the backyard.

Shreya jumped outside the house and threw the card in the backyard and stood with the rest of the gang.

"Surprise!", the rest of the gang yelped. Kai ignored them, which he planned to do the entire day, and looked at where Shreya had thrown the card.

To his 'surprise', there was a mountain of ribboned gift boxes surrounding his card.

Kai's pov

I was chasing the brunette trouble maker all around the house, she was just like Tyson! Irritating, carefree and way too much of a load on me!

We reached the backdoor and she my precious BBA identity card out. Then she ran behind it, what was she, crazy?

Then I tried to look for my card to find a pile of gifts and then the gang yelled, "Surprise!", sorry, I meant screeched.

This means all those gifts are for me? I knew they cared for me but do they actually-?

"Yes, Kai, all of this is for you.", said Max.

"You bet it is, even though it should have been for me.", Tyson joked. Hilary elbowed him in the stomach.

"Happy Birthday Kai. We might not show it but you mean a whole lot to us.", said Ray.

"Yeah, couldn't imagine life without you.", said Kenny.

"Yeah, although you are a grouch. It would never be the same without you.", said Hilary.