Episode 4-Epilogue(3): Epel's Woes

At the courtyard, Glory and Epel sat down at the bench where the ravenette pulls out a water bottle from her bag and hands it to the lavender haired first year.

"You can drink this. I have an extra in my bag." Glory told him and the fragile boy nodded and grabs the bottle.

"T-Thank you." He stutters as he turns the cap of the bottle and opens where he drink a dose of water. Then he puts the bottle down and sighs.

"...I'm sorry." He muttered.

"Hm?" Glory looked at him confusingly.

"I'm sorry for how acted back there this morning. I didn't mean to run off like that. I was...I was...!" Epel utters but soon paused his words while lightly trembles with stress feeling overwhelmed from his rough training with his dorm leader. Glory noticed the pained look on his face and with motherly instincts activated, the ravenette scoots over to the shaken boy where she gently lays her hand on her head causing him to glance up at him.

"Easy there, bud. Just take deep breaths before you explain. A friend of mine told me it helps." She reassured.

"Uh..o-okay...." He muttered bobbing his head as the fragile boy did what she told and deeply breathe.

"Now gently breathe out." She instructs and he carefully exhales the air out of his lungs with Glory gently stroking his back acting like a caring mother to the fragile first year student.

"Better?" Glory asked and he bobs his head lightly.

"K-Kinda yeah...thank you." He murmured still tense. Not wanting to put pressure on the poor boy by asking personal questions, Glory tilts her head a little to the left.

"Epel isn't? Pardon me for asking, but long were singing for?" Glory asked curiously as she watched the distressed first year twiddling his fingers while giving him time for him to respond until she heard a nervous swallow from him.

"For ten minutes..."

"Ten minutes?" Glory creases her brows and he lightly bobs his head.

"Y-Yes...My dorm leader told me to practice singing two hours..." He replied as Epel spun his head to the compassionate ravenette.

"You're Glory-chan, right?... The healer?" Epel guessed looking at her curiously and Glory nods at him.

"I am, and from what I've heard, I'm assuming that you're competing for this year's Vocal and Dance Championship?" Glory assumed and Epel nodded shyly.

"Y..Yes...though I don't really managed the singing part well." He mumbles when Glory noticed Epel biting his lower lip with his brows creasing together and his hands intertwined.

"...Why does this sh#t even exist?" Epel muttered but paused and immediately covered his mouth when he slipped out a cuss word that caught Glory off guard. Embarrassed, Epel bows his head down to her.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't to cuss and make you uncomfortable...!" He apologized, but Glory wasn't offended and stares at him with a baffled expression.

"Why would be uncomfortable with you cussing? I'm fine with you cussing." Glory reassured shocking the freshman year.

"Eeh?" Epel stares at her with shock written all over his face.

"Most importantly, you don't want to compete in the championship do you?" Glory guesses with Epel sighing and lightly shaking his head.

"No...Vil want me to do it." Epel said.

"So he's forcing you to compete in what reason?" Glory asked curiously as Epel clasped his hands together.