Chapter 22 [ Adelliana's request ]

Under the sunny sky of spring, various type of flowers emitted their lovely scent to the garden. Adelliana's small hand was wrapped by Ares' big one. Because she ran without looking earlier and tripped, Ares was not convinced that she would listened to him and she refused to be held by him.

The only option for him was to hold her hand and let her walk by herself.

Ares nodded his head to himself since walking isn't bad. She is a child who often catch a bad cold and is weak, so by letting her walk, she can exercise her legs.

Should he arrange a sword lesson for her...?

Ares quickly brush off that thought. Aphrodite will definitely pull out every single strand of his hair and turned him into a (handsome) monk.

"Daddy!! I want to go to the hill!!" Adelliana tug his sleeve and gave him puppy eyes.

"Are you sure you won't get tired when climbing that hill?" Ares raised his eyebrow suspiciously. He was not convinced by her next statement filled confidence.

"Hmph! It's just a hill! I am a strong big girl! That hill is nothing." Adelliana laughed arrogantly.

A few moments later...

"Hah...daddy...wait...you're going too fast...hah...so exhausted...how come daddy isn't tired...? That hill was so tall..."

He knew it...she hasn't even climb the hill and she was already tired and panted like an old dog.

Ares sighed at her. He strode down from the hill and lift her up highly. The spring breeze lightly touch and make her smile comfortably.

[ Is this what life is...? ]

She was carried in Ares' arms carefully, she was not allowed to walk until Ares reached a safe zone.

Adelliana run around the area and laughed like any small child would do when they are at fun place. Adelliana stands on the edge of the hill and stare at the dukedom of Valentine.

The Valentine castle was built on a tall hill so everyone could see the castle very and so does the Valentine castle. They could literally see every edge of the town from here, especially the front gate of dukedom.

So whenever Ares returned from war or border inspection, Aphrodite would often came here with Adelliana and pointed to the crowd to tell Adelliana that her father has returned home safe and sound.

And why was Adelliana able to climb up? The answer is very obvious, she was carried by Aphrodite from the castle to the hill.

"Daddy! Did you know that mommy and I would always watch you leave home and return home from up here?" Adelliana asked her father who stood beside her.

"Really...? I did not know that...all of the time?" Ares stroke her golden like hair.

"Yep! Ever since I was a baby!! She would have picnic here, under the tree shade and complained about you every single time."

"Are you trying to sell out your mother when she's gone?" Ares chuckled at her mischievous behaviour.

"Hahaha! But it's not only that, mommy would also come here to wait for you. She would always waited for you right here and stared at the gate. We come here for stargazing!"

Adelliana continued to tell her adventure on this hill to her father until it was twilight and Ares listened without missing a single detail.

"Adelliana, it's time to go back now. We can come here another time." Ares get up from the ground and dust off Adelliana's skirt.

"Okay!! I'm already hungry!!"

Adelliana wasn't hesitate to tell him. It was her first time, spending a father-daughter time with him. She couldn't ask for anything else aside from this!

Ares pick her up from the ground and they were heading to the main house. On their way, Adelliana sang a song while riding Ares' neck to accompany their small walk under the pink and orange sky of a beautiful evening.

On the hill of Daisy where we have a pinky promise

Your smile was blooming like them

The humming sounds of a familiar lullaby comfort the lonely fairies of this forest

Oh lovely pink daisy, just how can I get a permission from the fairy to become a daisy to stay with you?

Just like the only pink daisy among the white ones, you are very special

The daisy song was sung by her, on this very hill to her mother

The daisy song was sung by her, on this same hill to her father

And to the only person she loved who is far away, she sang this lovely yet sad daisy song to her husband

To her lovely child, who was like that pink daisy, she was very precious

A painful cries of a mother, and a painful scream of a father, a lovely daisy was born

And on this lovely daisy hill inside this enchanted forest, I hope my lovely child who is as precious and rare like this pink daisy, will bloom even more beautifully than it

The song was sung by Aphrodite to Adelliana every night. When she grew up, Adelliana began to learn how to sing this song until she finally remembers the melody and the lyrics.

There was no source of where this song came from, Aphrodite who was in love with music and song, would always hum different types of new yet lovely song.

So to give her daughter her very own song, she wrote this song for Adelliana just for her only.

Ares listened to Adelliana's gentle voice and calmness covered his entire head. The meaning behind the song was so clear.

Her father who was fighting in war, died.

Her mother who gave birth to the lovely daisy, died.

The child who was as lovely as the pink daisy was left alone in this world.

Ares gripped Adelliana' small finger softly. He was lucky that Aphrodite didn't die during child birth, he was lucky that he survived through out those gruesome wars and he was lucky to see Adelliana grew up to be more beautifully than a daisy.

"Daddy..."

"Hmm?"

"Let have a picnic with mom, under that tree on that hill filled with daisy flowers, the three of us!"

"Alright...be a good girl and dad will bring you and mommy there again."

On the hill where Adelliana and Ares were earlier, three daisies, red, pink and purple were blooming and stood out than the rest.

Yikes, it was not so easy to find the proper words for this song, I have to sit, space out and close my eyes lmaoo

Also, that song doesn't exist, it just a made up song by me, good luck on trying to sing that lmao, it's a lullaby type of song

This will be the last chapter of this week, my period cramp is killing me and I have to started and prepare for my school.

Sniff sniff, school sucks ;-; but I'm happy that it's back

- K