CHAPTER 68

Next day - Thursday Afternoon ...

Khushi watched as the taxi move ahead between the traffic on the roads of multicultural city, Luckhnow. If it was any other day she would have been chattering with her mother and sister, sitting beside her. She may be physically present here but her heart and mind was back in Dehli missing her Arnavji and her baby.

She cannot forget the look on Arnav's face, as if he was about to lose her, she remembers the morning scene ...

Khushi was in her room, packing her suitcase. Arush had slept with Anjali last night, because she knew if he woke up and found his mama near him, it will be difficult for Khushi to leave. So she wanted him to see Anjali first, so that he can get distract. She wanted to leave for station before her baby wakes up.

She was lost in thoughts, putting her things in bag when she felt someone's presence behind her, more precisely sense him behind her. She smiles and turns at Arnav standing in his track suit, water bottle in his hand, sweat bead on his face and neck. But her smile faded as her eyes landed on his face ... pressed lips, tight jaw and anger in his eyes.

She could see his other hand curling into a fist and then un-fist, like trying to control his emotions. Khushi saw him taking a step towards her and open his mouth probably to say something but next second he stopped. He kept on watching Khushi with anger and worry. Khushi took a step towards him, extending her hand to touch his face, but he move back, turned and went out of room.

Khushi's hand remains in the air, for 2-3 seconds, when she put it down wondering what happened to Arnavji. She wanted to go after him, but she knew he needed some time, probably to cool down or to process over things he wanted to say to her. So Khushi turned back to her bag and started putting her things quickly.

After some 15-20 minutes, Khushi was standing outside Arnav's room. She fidgeted with her fingers thinking should she knock or should she come back after some more time. She was about to knock when the door opened and she saw Arnav. Khushi smiles at him nervously. Arnav look at her for few seconds and then move aside giving her space to come in. Khushi move in, before she could say something, Arnav pulled her into him. Hugging her tightly, burying his face into crook of her neck, inhaling her fragrance.

Since the time he woke up this morning, he was not having a good feeling. Khushi will be going to Luckhnow today and the thought itself was making him dread that something bad will happen. He hated that city; he had lost his most precious thing there, his mother. He had lost their own home to his cunning uncle. He remembered that how he and his sister roamed its street after being thrown out. No one was ready to give them shelter. No one was ready to help them. The pity and disgusted glares thrown towards them, by people. Only he knew how he and his sister had spent that night in that city near park. Even the mention of that city bring those painful memories back.

And now his other most precious thing is going to the same city and he does not want to lose her. This time he won't be able to survive the blow.

"Arnavji", Khushi called his name softly as she rubs his back. Arnav pulls her more into him. The hug was getting tight and she could feel his arm digging into her side getting painful. Khushi tired to break the hug but Arnav didn't want to.

"Arnavji, what happened? Are you alright?", asked Khushi with concern.

"Khushi don't go please", said Arnav. Khushi was shocked to hear the vulnerability in his tone.

Khushi tried harder and pushed back. Arnav loosens his grip but didn't remove his hand around her. Khushi look up at his face. Tight jaws and closed eyes. Khushi put her hand on his cheek and rub her thumb over it. Arnav open his eyes and look down at her.