²⁵| Meeting My Grandma

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 2, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

When we re-emerged from the shadows we were right in front of the main doors of a Huge Castle. The castle was extremely grand, just like the grounds surrounding it. I could see a Quidditch pitch, A huge swimming pool the size os two Olympic pools, I could see Basketball, Tennis and Badminton Courts. The castle itself was made of Red Sandstone with a Black roof. It was around five or six stories high, finished with balconies and rooftop gardens. The windows were shining lustrously in the light of the setting sun. "Merlin's beard!". How long have I been at Gringotts, and why the hell am I swearing like a wizard. Guess I'm adapting quickly.

The doors that were stained Black with Gold Filigree designs in the most prominent spots. They were made of Ebony, which is already a dark wood, but stained Black on top of that, what a way to show off the pride of being a member of House Black - have everything in Black.

I slowly walked forward and placed my hands on the door, and the place where I placed my hand glowed Golden, and the doors were thrown open to admit us into the Entrance Hall. The Malfoys' Entrance Hall was as grand and lavish as anything related to the Malfoy family and resplendent in their House colours - Silver, Gold and Green. But the Black Entrance Hall made the Malfoys' look like an amateur trying to play big boy. Now I know why the Black door was the last before the circular room of offices on my first day at Gringotts.

The room was huge, floor to ceiling windows that surrounded the Black doors let in a lot of sunlight - even if the golden globe going to sleep for the day. The floor was made of black marble, big surprise. But it was polished so much, that it looked like we were walking on a mirror. Both floor-to-ceiling windows were framed on either side by rich Velvet curtains that were the same Royal Purple as the Velvet from the box that held the Black Lordship ring, it must be one of the House colours - other than Black of course.

The Entrance Hall was also lit by the opalescent light shining from millions of precisely cut crystals hanging from the ceiling from vines of Gold and Silver that made up the chandelier. Two staircases that lined the walls, met in the centre creating a symmetrical masterpiece - The Ebony handrails held up by Black wrought-iron frames designed to look like vines that matched the chandelier. The steps were cushioned by carpets in the same Royal purple as the curtains.

Before anybody could look around, a majestic looking lady with a lot of power dominated the area where both the staircases met. She looked down at us like we were dirt beneath her feet. Even though I knew she was my grandmother, she didn't look a day over forty. "Her magic is keeping her young" Killian said, through the bond.

"Who are you?" she said in a sharp voice, "How did you enter Black Castle?" she demanded. Her mere presence made me want to kneel before her and tell her everything she wanted to know. "But I must not, I am Lord Black and her grandson. I want her to be proud of me" I thought and stepped forward gracefully. Even though I was only ten years old, I looked tall enough to be fourteen or thirteen-year-old. I walked up the staircase and before Walburga Black. I took her offered hand, she must have realised we are not a threat, and lightly placed a kiss above the back of her palm. "Well met, Madam Black, how wonderful to see my grandmother at last," I said, my emotions showing through my eyes even though I tried to control it. Her eyes widened fractionally and swept across my facial features, I knew she was looking for a resemblance to one of her sons.

When she figured it out her eyes filled with tears, but her posture remained as poised and commanding as ever. "Sirius?" she asked softly, I just nodded and rushed into her arms. "Can you blame me? It was the first time meeting my grandmother". She hugged me back and separated us slightly and looked into my eyes and said, "What's your name, my dear?" she asked gently. I didn't know that the people who knew of my grandmother were gaping. Walburga Black never spoke, much less spoke gently, she only commanded and ordered.

"Hadrian Alexander Potter Black, Lord of the Noble and Ancient House of Potter and Black, at your service Madam," I said formally, then grinned at the confusion in her eyes. "I'm the Boy-who-lived," I said, giving her a clue. Her eyes widened even more, "You are James Potter's son?" she asked. When I nodded, "Then how are you my grandson?" she questioned. "I'm also my Godfather's blood-adopted son," I said smiling at her.

Her nodded her understanding.

"And you are emancipated, yes?" she asked standing up and taking my hand, leading me inside the house. I turned to the others and gestured to follow before responding, "Yes Mrs Bla-", "Nonsense, call me Nana" she said smiling at me. Everyone trailed behind us, while my grandmother led us to one of the many sitting rooms. Everyone introduced themselves according to rank and kissed her hand or curtsied. Everyone sat down once I did, again assuming rank. As Lord Black, I outranked almost everybody, but with the Lordship of Founders' Houses and Peverell, I held the highest-ranking position in the Wizarding World.

Once we were seated comfortably we all began to tell her the story. She fumed at what Dumbles had done and when I mentioned stealing she almost set off to kill the old coot then and there. When I mentioned Lordship of House Slytherin and Peverell her eyes widened, then she smiled proudly at me and kissed the side of my forehead.

I blushed profusely but never once lost my composure. Draco and Neville giggled at that but one glare from me and they fell silent. She nodded approvingly at that too. Then we explained all the other Lordships, shopping, wands and all the good stuff. But she got the most excited when I said that I was a Parselmouth. She gasped then grinned, "Oh what an honour. Everyone will bow down to your authority, being blessed with the ability to speak to serpents is a gift that should be cherished and something you should be proud of" she gushed, then regained composure, but she was still smiling widely.

"I am, and I will" I answered. Then we continued the story about the immortality and how Death was my boyfriend she almost choked and stared at Killian, who smiled charmingly at her, flashing his pearly whites.

She just chuckled at his antics and turned back to me and pulled me into a hug. "I want to see what you are going to do to this world, I want to see the old coot's face when everything he has planned crashes and burns around him," she said vindictively. I chuckled, "Oh she's so going to love it"