Chapter 3

Eva's POV

It wasn't hard to notice the looks of pity I got the next day. Mostly from Ron and Arthur but I did my best to ignore them and steer clear of the topic.

As the weeks went on I made sure everyday to help around the Burrow, a cute name I thought, so Molly wouldn't see me as a burden. She insisted I didn't have to do chores to stay there but I didn't want her to change her mind. The Weasley kids, mostly George and Fred loved the fact that I started doing most their chores.

All the Weasley's seemed to start to like me over the boiling hot summer, well all except for one. I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting Percy in the middle of the night. I had just gone down for water, and Percy who I didn't know lived here left his fortress of a room for food.

Apparently, I had scared him because he felt the need to freeze me. It had been horrible to be on the receiving side of "Petrificus Totalus" even if was for a few minutes. Ever since then Percy had grumbled about bringing in "a stray dog".

All was going decently well for me until Molly opened the mail.

I woke up to the sound of Molly screaming. It was nothing new, almost everyday she berated Fred and George for something. I stumbled down the stairs to find all the Weasley's, except Percy of course, dancing and yelling with joy.

"Eva dear! We won! 700 Galleons! We're going to Egypt!" Molly shrikes pulling me into a hug.

"Merlin really? Congratulations! You guys are going to have a load of fun."

Next to me Fred stopped his weird ballroom dancing with George. "What do you mean you guys? You're coming with right Mum?"

"Of course dear-"

"No no. Molly I couldn't intrude, it's a family trip."

"Nonsense dear we want you there," Molly pulls me into a hug saying. Those words from her mouth made me happier than she could ever know.

The next week before the trip was the craziest I've ever seen Molly. Her attempt to get the kids to pack was driving her mad. I had tried to go down and help her but Arthur had mouthed "run" to me.

With Ginny locked in our room and Ron hogging the bathroom I was left with only the twins room to escape. I entered the room to find hundreds of candies and fireworks thrown all over the place.

"Bloody hell!"

"Mum we didn't-" the two exclaimed at the same time.

"Just me. Are you bringing all those to Egypt?"

George nodded triumphantly, "All for Percy. Bloody gits been more annoying than lately. Want in on it?"

"Count me in," I wink as I sat down and let the redheads explain what was in front of me. All I knew for sure was this trip was going to be interesting.