Year 5-1 | The Boy who Lies

'DUMBLEDORE, DAFT OR DANGEROUS?"

The front cover of the Daily Prophet was covered with a lot of stories. The biggest story covered was the boy who lies and Dumbledore. The Daily Prophet denies all of this and is foul-mouthing Dumbledore and Harry. It talked a little about the dementor attack on Harry and him being cleared of all charges, like he should.

'The Fall of the Clermont Family'

Right beneath the story was a photo of me and my family. Dad's hands were over my shoulders and none of us were smiling. This was a photo from a while ago when Fleur and Gabrielle were also here.

'Apolline Clermont, a Death Eater, disappears after killing her husband Monseuir Clermont. Her eldest and youngest daughters are nowhere to be found while her second daughter, Evelyn Clermont, continues to attend Hogwarts"

The paragraphs under our photo goes deep into our family history but I couldn't read any longer. On the corner of the front page was a paragraph talking about the escapees of Azkaban. All the names listed in the newspaper were the names I had heard during the dinner with the dark lord. I sighed and placed the daily prophet down on the table resting my back on my seat.

"Chocolate Frog?" Ron offered me.

"No thank you" I gave him a weak smile.

The compartment fell silence, no one said anything. Just deep sighs and everyone was trapped in their own thoughts. The boy who lived became the boy who lies in a matter of days. I went from Evelyn Clermont to the daughter of a death eater in a matter of days. Harry and I haven't talked about the kiss ever since the day back at headquarters, neither of us brought it up.

The train arrived and the four of us waited until everyone was off just to avoid the fuss of shoving through everyone. Hermione linked her arm with mine as we walked towards the entrance.

"Surprise the ministry is letting the daughter of a death eater walking around Clermont" Pansy brushed past me hitting my shoulders.

"Shove off Pansy" Draco shoved her to the side walking up with Crabbe and Goyle from behind us, "I expect a cellar in Azkaban with your name on it Potter"

Harry lunged towards Draco and I quickly pulled him back. Draco eyed Harry and I before walking off with his two minions.

"What'd I tell you? He's gone nuts" He spat.

"JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Harry snapped back at him. I understood why he was mad but I never saw him lash out like that. He had changed ever since Cedric's death.

"It's only Malfoy, what'd you expect?" Ron said from beside me. I still remember Draco at the astronomy tower where he wasn't under pressure of his name, the Draco who was terrified back at the dinner. He's really not everyone sees him as.

We walked towards a path with carriages. Beautiful black bone like horses were pulling them. In front of our carriage Cho turned to face Harry giving him a smile eager to jump out and go run into Harry's arm. I scoffed at the sight, two pumpkin pasties please. The three of us paused and watched as the carriages pulled away into the distance waiting for another carriage to come pick us up.

"Hi guys" Neville walked up beside me.

"Hi Neville" The four of said in unison.

Another carriage pulled up from behind us and Harry walked up close to the horse pulling the carriage examining it.

"What is it?" He asked

"What's what?" Ron asked turning around to face the horse.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage Harry, it's pulling itself" Hermione said furrowing her eyebrows.