↻61

Unobtrusively, the sound of music filled the partially awkward air of the car as the vehicle stilled at the fluorescent red light

Seowoo cleared her throat, shifting uncomfortably in her seat as her eyes flickered restlessly around- the night air being lit up by streetlights and headlights.

Chenle seemed to be deep in thought, elbow against the car window with his head resting on his hand- the other one steering expertly and languidly.

A small breathy sigh escaped her lips, relaxing in the seat and resting her head back on the headrest, red headlights illuminating their features from in front of them.

"You know," she began, her smooth nostalgic filled voice began, earning the attention of Chenle who's eyes skimmed over her briefly before begining to drive.

"My life used to be so depressing. Like I know I'm only seventeen but thinking back...it feels like that was a different person. I just wish things happened differently you know?"

"Yeah...I mean experiences in life shape you and you're constantly changing. I think everyone feels like their past is something they regret."

"Do you think? I don't know...it's like in school I used to get walked all over, I was an easy target to bully."

"You got bullied?" He asked, not really expecting her to say so. She nodded, her teeth biting at the inside of her cheek unconsciously.

"It wasn't severe or anything... I was the quiet kid and apparently it was cool to pick on me."

"...does it still happen?"
"No, I'm glad it doesn't. I think I grew more of a backbone when I turned like 14, back then I thought everything would be that way forever. Honestly, I thought the little hardships I went through was the end of the world for me."

Chenle's naturally pink stained lips pulled up as he could relate to what she was saying.
"But as you get older you realise those things don't matter and there was literally no need to be so panicked over it."

"For real, like the amount of times I'd freak out over one thing and then in two days time it literally didn't affect me whatsoever." She spoke, glancing at the boy. "Have you ever been to one of these autumn fairs?"

The black haired boy shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road ahead while his shining white teeth grazed against the silver lip ring.
"No, I've heard of it though...Jeno takes his niece."

Seowoo nodded before setting her eyes on the trees that violently swayed.
"I didn't think it would be this cold today, I swear the weather app doesn't even work properly." She muttered distastefully, pulling her knee up to tie her laces.