Chapter 7 - The Right Path Part 2

(Y/n Pov)

We arrived at the slum once again. It's the place where you have to be careful in every direction. I thought that we would go to the loot house, but, surprisingly, Subaru went to ask a local to where Felt's home was.

???: "Felt's den? Yeah, just go two streets down that way."

Subaru: "Thanks, I appreciate it, bro."

???: "Don't mention it, bro. Live strong."

Started walking again to the direction the kind man gave us, which he didn't take any pay for, which was a surprise for me to hear.

Subaru: "The question is whether Felt will return there... I'd rather catch her before she goes to the loot house, and trade her the cell phone for the insignia- Whoa!"

He suddenly bumped into someone as I stopped on my track and looked at the person who he had bumped into. Somehow, when I saw her, I felt a chill in my spine for some reason.

???: "Oh, dear! I'm sorry. Are you all right?"

Subaru: "Yeah, I'm fine. I don't look it, but toughness is one thing I... Have..."

The moment he laid his eyes on her, his eyes went wide as he held a shocked and scared expression. Was this the person he warned me about? Elsa?

Elsa: "What is the matter? You don't have to be so scared. I will not do anything to you two. And you."

She said as her eyes locked into mine.

Elsa: "You have such pretty eyes, I honestly envy you."

Subaru quickly stepped in front of me, as if protecting me from her. He seemed to be very angry and had a hostile intention towards her. I also kept my guard up and would pull him away if anything happened.

Elsa: "I already told you, you don't have to be so scared of me. I was just complimenting that boy for his very beautiful eyes."

Subaru: "I... I'm not scared... What gave you that idea?"

Elsa: "Your scent. When people are scared, I can smell their fear. Right now, you're frightened. You are also angry, yes? At me."

Everything seemed so tense now that it could be cut with a knife. I was prepared to make an escape route at any given moment as I held a tense expression myself. The face she was making made me uncomfortable, and... Scared for some reason...

Elsa: "It's fine. I am a little curious, but this is not the time to start a commotion."

Subaru: "That's not a very nice thing to say... If you're too scary, that beauty will go to waste-"

Elsa: "Oh, very good. Conceal your hostility, and you will be even better."

She said while approaching him and was now face to face with Subaru. I've also noticed that she has weapons on her waist, so it would be bad if we were to fight. At this only time, I could only watch the even that was happening in front of me. Unable to do anything at all...

Elsa: "Well, I shall be going now. Something tells me we shall meet again. Especially you, Élan Vital."

Wait... What did she just call me?

Y/n: "That's not my name."

Elsa smirked at this as she continued walking away, Subaru let out a sigh as I kept staring at her figure that got smaller and smaller until there was nothing left.