𝟑𝟕 - 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Anakin and I had agreed on leaving my room at different times so as not to seem anymore  suspicious than we were already were after spending an extra thirty minutes in bed.

Anakin had decided to go first, then I followed five minutes later.

I tried to hide my all-telling smile as I thought back to the events of this morning, but the smirk was wiped anyway as I came down the stairs and was greeted by the lovely sight of Anakin sitting uncomfortably on the wide curved couch as Kayla made her best efforts to nuzzle up to him affectionately. Her over-enthusiastic giggles rang in my ears as I rolled my eyes and passed swiftly through to the kitchen.

I pushed away the thoughts of Kayla attempting to reel Anakin into her sticky love web as I planned what I was going to say to Zac.

In the kitchen I barely even noticed him, as he stood completely still, cutting a slice of bread off from the fresh loaf we had been gifted by the Naboo residents. He seemed to be staring very intently in some sort of daze at the serrated knife he held in his left hand before he noticed me enter the room.

He acknowledged me with a cold glance up and down then returned to his seemingly more interesting bread.

"umm, morning Zac" I greeted him awkwardly. No one would believe we were a couple by the way we uncomfortably stood beside each other now.

I was dreading telling him about Anakin and I, there was no way in this universe that it would ever end well.

After another few, cold seconds of silence, I spoke again "Zac? are you alright?"

He blinked and shook his head then looked up at me with a fresh new smile and put down the knife. "Oh (y/n), hi! sorry, I was...in another world"

"oh um, it's ok. Zac, we need to-" talk. talk was how I wanted to finish that sentence but he interrupted me instantly.

"I'm taking you out today, we'll go down to the little river you always talk about and bring some food. It will be perfect" He insisted

Great. Not only did I have to break up with him but now I had to do it on a romantic picnic he had planned. could this get any worse?

"oh Zac, we can't. we need...to train and-"

"NO, no you're not getting out of this one. you deserve some time to relax, let me take you out, please?" He insisted again, a little too harshly this time.

I racked my brain for another excuse not to go but it was too filled with thoughts of Anakin to find one in time "umm, okay, I'll go" I attempted to smile back at him.

"good, go get ready. We'll go right away" he signalled to the door for me to leave.

I nodded, cursed in my head then started for my room. As I walked back through the living room, Anakin had managed to wriggle away from Kayla and stood meditating out on the balcony.

When he heard me walking past he spun round and came back into the room. Kayla sat defeated, on the couch where she had just been attempting to seduce Anakin, yeah like she had a chance.

"Where are you going?" she asked, an uncaring tone in her voice as she picked at her nails.

"Oh um, out with Zac"

"What?!" Anakin snapped back, Kayla looked up at him confused at why he seemed to care so much "I mean- don't you have training today?"

"we're going down to the river for a picnic, I'll get training in when I get back" I shrugged.

We stared at each other in silence for a few seconds as I tried to explain what was happening with just my helpless facial expressions.

In my room, I got changed into a more picnic appropriate outfit as I heard the door of my bedroom open and shut.

"Seriously?" Anakin sighed,

"there was nothing I could do" I responded as I pulled the strap of one of Padme's dresses I had found over my shoulder.

I moved into the bathroom to style my hair, Anakin followed.

"When can I finally have you all to myself?" he came behind me and watched me in the large mirror opposite as I proceeded to tie my hair up into a loose bun with a few strands that fell across my face.

"I'll end it with him today, at the picnic. Don't worry"

"be careful okay baby? you know what he's capable of"

"he's no match for me" I say jokingly.

He swiftly spins me round by my shoulders to face him and pushes me against the cold, marble counter. He leans down and holds his lips strategically a centimetre away from mine and simply growled "oh, the things I'm going to do to you when you're mine again"

My stomach turned and breath halted as his fingers traced the back of my neck, I leant in eagerly to meet his lips. He pulled back instantly and sauntered out the room, leaving me breathless and flustered in a mess. (a/n OK I can't find the GIF for it but you know that scene in revenge of the sith where Anakin gets home after months and says "feels like we've been apart a life time"  THAT IS WHAT THIS BIT LIKE AND OMG IT IS SO HOT, look it up right now if you don't know what I'm talking about)

I left the palace with Zac and we made our way down to the river. As we arrived, I was greeted by cooling memories of how beautiful this planet really was. The lime green grass met the sapphire blue river as birds danced above the water in synchronisation and butterflies sucked at the sweet nectar of the purple flowers dotted around the meadow.

We set our picnic down just beside the stream, I watched as Zac unpacked the food. My heart was filled with excitement for all that was to come in the future with Anakin but also with guilt for what I was about to do to Zac. He had been so good to me recently and now...I was throwing him away like a piece of garbage.

"So, Zac...I...need to talk to you" I looked down to my hands as I started nervously.

"you're breaking up with me aren't you?" he said bluntly. I lifted my head instantly as my eyes widened in shock.

"I- how do you know?" I responded, taken aback.

"Oh, don't be stupid (y/n), everyone can see the way you and Anakin are around each other, it was only a matter of time until you two lovebirds would get back together, you're terrible at hiding it"

"Zac, please let me explain" I held a hand out in attempt to comfort him but he ignored me and continued.

"It's a shame really, I thought this could work. We really thought I could persuade you"

"We? persuade me? what are you talking about?" I questioned.

But he ignored me once again "you were destined for greatness (y/n), we could have ruled together. All three of us!"

He began to edge closer to me.

"Zac, what the kriff are you talking about?" I shuffled up onto my knees and started to back away. It was like he had turned into  completely different person, his eyes were filled with anger, in fact for a second...they almost gleamed red.

And then, everything that was so beautiful about the world around us fell away into a cauldron of darkness as he said his next words...

"Lord Sidious was so hoping you would join us. Ashame I'll have to kill you now"