006. worst nightmare

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

content disclaimer: hints of suicidal thoughts, mentions of hearing voices; so here's the thing. i'm not a professional with this topic and even with all the research i have done beforehand, it may not be accurate. i just wrote it the way I did to fit the storyline :)

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER 2.

── ♢ ♢ ♢ ──

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 know, Asami," I had started with hopefulness that had surged inside me, making the nonbender pull away slightly as she wiped some of her tears off. "you're such a nice person and I hate seeing your dreams being crushed like this. The least I can do is try to find the person or people responsible for stealing your stuff. I just really want you to know that, even if you feel like giving up yourself, I'm not going to give up on you."

Her emerald eyes widened with trembling lips, as if she had slight hesitancy to believe my words, so I gently squeezed her hand to let it be clear that I was sincere with every sentence. I truly was not going to give up on my dear friend, especially in times of need.

She murmured thanks with gratefulness whilst staring into me intently. I smiled brightly with a dismissive headshake. Before I could say anything, she had begun to lean towards me, seemingly as if she was going for another hug, so I started to open my arms welcomingly.

But instead, I felt her lips smash onto mine.

My eyes felt as if they were going to pop out of their sockets at the unexpected action, my composure dead still as the warmth that was pressed against my lips faded away. Asami quickly pulled away with a bewildered expression, as if she didn't understand why she had done that either. "I am so sorry. I don't know wh—"

"Well. . .I guess I now know that both men and women are into my charming looks, huh?" I smoothly jested with a pretend teasing smirk, though it seemed like my mind was filled with a swarm of buzzing questionable thoughts, and my throat felt constricted with the familiar burning heat that had always appeared whenever I was around Iroh.