𝟭𝟲 art of mixed signals

𝟭𝟲art of mixed signals

𝟭𝟲
art of mixed signals

𝟭𝟲art of mixed signals

No. 1: Go skinny dipping
No. 2: Vandalize a property on Figure Eight
No. 3: Visit the highest point on the island
No. 4: Crash a party

          You and Ellie are coming with me to crash Topper's party this weekend, okay?

Sarah Cameron's words echoed in Trinity's ears as she coated her lashes in mascara. Ellie was standing a few steps behind her, watching the Shoupe girl's reflection intently as if to make sure she wouldn't mess up with her application of the product.

"Good?" Trinity asked for feedback as she leaned away from the vanity mirror against Ellie's chipped walls.

"Great." She grinned. "Alright! Eyes, done! Face, done! Outfit, done! All that's left is lips."

For one night, Trinity wanted to be a different version of herself. A bolder, more confident version of herself that she was frankly scared didn't exist– which was why she was trying to create this new version of herself.

"You're having second thoughts." Ellie observed when she noticed the creases across Trinity's forehead. She was unscrewing the applicator for a lip gloss she'd pulled out, but her hands stilled when Trinity met her eye in their reflection.

"I don't know, I guess I'm starting to think the only thing makeup and different clothes is going to do for me is make me more self-conscious."

"It might." Ellie nodded. "But it's all in the mind, Trin. Why do you think we're putting makeup on you anyways? Yeah, it has the potential to make you more self-conscious, but it also has the potential to make you feel like a gorgeous badass. It doesn't change who you are, it's just a trigger in my opinion for your brain to play with."