Chapter 5

|Family|

It was a chilly cloudy day. The warmth in the car made the window misty as you tried to look out the window.

"Nami, what would you like to have for lunch? Should we pop into the supermarket to get you something?" Aunt Hyerin asked while glancing between you and the road ahead.

"Hmm, I don't mind. I'm good with anything" you gave her a light smile, feeling a little flustered.

Yes, she was your mother but it was still awkward between the both of you.

"Then how about pasta? Do you like pasta?" She persisted on cheerily.

Hyerin was so excited that you wanted to go and live with her. She'll finally be able to have her family back. She never wanted to give you up, but because of a debt she was forced to give you to the Jeons.

"Aunt Hyerin, I have something to talk to everyone about" you said simply, suddenly being serious.

Whilst in the hospital, you'd decided that you'll tell everyone the truth. That you knew who you were and that you wanted to go back to your biological family.

It wasn't the fact that you were ungrateful towards the Jeons, but it was because it would be better for them if you remove yourself from that family.

"Oh okay, a family meeting? It can be arranged" Hyerin smiled widely. Her cheerfulness made you feel at ease. Just looking at your mother's warm smile really calmed you down.

Once you got home, Dr. Tuan and Mark came rushing out of the house to help you carry your bags. They all greeted you with warm hugs and bright smiles. Dispite the cold weather, it could definitely make one feel like they're walking on sunshine to be greeted like this. It made you feel welcomed and loved.

"I'm home" you mumbled to yourself softly and looked up at the house in front of you. It definitely gave a cozy vibe and a sense of comfort.

A golden Labrador came up to you while wagging it's tail happily. You crouched down and patted it's head while it licked your face sloppily.

"His name is Lemon. My son named him. Silly name right?" Hyerin informed softly while gazing down at you warmly.

"Heh, no it's cute. So Mark named him?" You asked, oblivious to Hyerin's sudden change in expression as you were too focused on the dog in front of you.

"Uh...yeah...it was Mark" she giggled awkwardly, her eyes almost gave away a tear.

Hyerin showed you your room and helped you unpack. You didn't bring much stuff so everything was done by lunch time. While doing so, you both carried some conversations and it went suprisingly smooth. It felt so good and... normal.

During dinner, you took this opportunity to bring up what you had planned on discussing. Your only hope was for them to not be stubborn about it and to come straight out with the truth.

"Aunt Hyerin, Dr. Tuan, and Mark... I... I know everything" you uttered softly as everyone's attention turned to you.

"What do you mean?" After an agonising silence Mark asked with furrowed brows.

"I'm your biological sister. I'm a Tuan... Not a Jeon" you said with a relief sigh. You were so anxious and nervous about bringing this topic up, but after finally letting it out, your heart was put at ease.

"How?" Dr. Tuan asked, his voice dry and raspy.

"It doesn't matter how. What matters is what's going to happen after this. Are you... willing to take me back? I want us to be a family again" looking down at your trembling hand, your anxiety slowly came back, nagging at the back of your head.