THIRTY-SIX

It's late afternoon as Taehyung arrives at home. Like promised, he tried to get off work earlier to be able to spend more time with his two loved ones.

As he walks inside the living room, he's met with Jeongguk and Chansol laughing. The male places kisses all over the baby's tummy, causing him to giggle softly at the tickles.

Taehyung feels the familiar warm feeling in his stomach, a mixture of love and happiness.

"I'm home." he announces as he places his hand on the small of Jeongguk's back while sitting down beside the two. "Are you alright?" He kisses Jeongguk's cheek softly. With a swift motion, the older male takes Chansol into his arms and places kisses on the babies head while talking to his son sweetly.

"Yeah we're fine." Jeongguk answers with a bright smile, pushing some strands away from his eyes to be able to look properly at his boyfriend. "You came home earlier. I missed you lots."

Taehyung stops in his action and looks up from his son after hearing his boyfriend say these cute things. "Of course love, I told you I'd try to. Missed you two."

Jeongguk giggles happily before reaching over to kiss Taehyung on the lips.

After they pull apart Jeongguk bites his lip nervously. He wanted to talk to Taehyung about the job offer as soon as the latter arrives at home but he can't help but feel a bit nervous.

But he hates hiding things and he knows that being honest is essential in a relationship. So the sooner he talks to Taehyung about it the better it is.

"Uhm Tae?" the younger starts with a reluctant tone.

Taehyung looks at him questioningly, lying down Chansol beside himself on the couch, a hand on the baby's side so that he can't fall down when he decides to move. Taehyung plays with the rattle in front of Chansol, the baby reaches out to take it immediately.

"Everything okay? You seem nervous, love. Don't be, you can tell me." Taehyung tells him reassuringly, placing the hand which isn't holding Chansol on Jeongguk's.

"It's nothing bad. It's-" Jeongguk pauses, unsure how he should approach this subject. "I've got a job offer today."

Jeongguk can see how Taehyung's expression changes into something the younger can't really define. But before Taehyung can say anything, the male continues.

"It's in a café, not far from here. I don't have to come everyday, only a few days per week and only in the forenoon, so not much. And the best is I'm allowed to take Chansol with me." Jeongguk finishes, looking at his boyfriend, waiting for him to say anything.

Taehyung sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "Jeongguk I-" he starts with a soft voice, obviously searching for the right words. "You know that there's no need that you start to go to work too. I get enough money to provide for us three."

Jeongguk nods with a small smile. "Tae, I'm aware of that. But I don't like sitting around and spending your money. I'm living here as well and I want to help paying the bills and everything - this is our home after all."

Taehyung takes a deep breath, his face practically screaming that he doesn't like the direction where this conversation is going but what should he do? He'd never force Jeongguk to stay at home against his will.

They are in a relationship, yes but the younger's a free person that can do what he wants. And Taehyung has to admit that he can understand him. He'd probably also feel like that.

So who is he to say no, this is not his decision to make. It's Jeongguk's. He loves him and so he wants him to be happy. If it means he'll feel better when he can go to work then it's the right thing to do.

So Taehyung has no doubt as he answers his boyfriend. "I can understand that, love. And if you're sure that you want to do that then do it. I'm your boyfriend, I'll support you whatever decision you make as long as you're happy."

Jeongguk's face lights up at his boyfriend's words. Suddenly he can't understand anymore what he's been so worried for. Taehyung is the most understanding and supportive person he knows. What was he afraid of?

"Thank you." he speaks happily. Taehyung is quick to shake his head. "Don't thank me for something like that, this is normal. But- you're happy right now, aren't you? If there's something bothering you'd tell me okay? I'm sure we can work it out."

Jeongguk's heart warms at his boyfriend's caring words. "Yeah, I'm happy, Tae, I couldn't be happier."

"That's good to hear." Taehyung smiles, taking Jeongguk's hand again. "But-" his smile falters a bit, "didn't you want to become a photographer? I thought about it for some time now.. I mean you told me that you couldn't go to college due to money issues right? Are you okay with it?"

"Yeah Tae, I'm okay." Jeongguk assures him immediately. Of course, there's this part of him that still wants to do this one day but he's happy as it is now.

The look on Taehyung's face shows him that the elder's not really convinced. "Tae, believe me, I'm fine with everything how it is right now. I wouldn't want it any other way. Despites, if I should feel the need to become a photographer I can still go to college in a few years but at the moment, I'm content with everything how it is."

This seems to ease Taehyung a bit. "Okay but know that you can always tell me when you're unhappy with something, right?" he says nevertheless, just to make sure.

"Of course" Jeongguk answers assuringly, rubbing small circles onto the back of the elder's hand. "Same goes for you, alright?"

Taehyung nods, leaning in for a kiss. He places his hand on the younger's cheek and softly touches Jeongguk's lips but not really kissing him yet. "I love you." he whispers before he presses his lips on his boyfriend's.

Taehyung softly bites the younger's lips, sliding his tongue inside the other's mouth. "Mmh Tae-" Jeongguk whispers, pulling apart a bit. "Chansol is-"

"Stop worrying." Taehyung mumbles, diving in for another kiss. "He's occupied with the ugly rattle of his. And I prevent him from falling."

And that's all it takes for Jeongguk to throw his worries aside and kiss his boyfriend back lovingly.