003; 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

SHE

"HO HO HO HOES AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!" diana shouted as she happily threw the door open to corbyn and jonahs apartment, kicking off her shoes and leaving them at the front door when she entered out of common decency for jonah, corbyn and their unhealthy need for everything to be spotless.

"wait- it can't be.... is that my chicken nugget?" zach shouted from the lounge jumping up with excitement, leaving the three other boys dazed and confused at his sudden outburst of energy.

"oh my god it's my chicken tender!" diana squealed as zach ran up to her picking her up and spinning her around leaving the duo in endless smiles and giggles as they fell to the floor afterwards.

diana and zach had debatably the cutest friendship in the entire universe. everyone in the group wanted someone they were as close to as diana and zach.

they shared clothes, they had midnight chipotle runs, they sung duets, diana tried to teach zach how to dance, they pulled all nighters, they would go to the mall in their pyjamas together, they wore sunglasses when it was raining, they shared perfumes and colognes, they knew every single detail about the other person and so much more.

they were platonic soulmates.

"should we help them or..." jonah trailed off after hearing the loud crash coming from his kitchen glancing at his two remaining band members with a confused look on his face.

"nah let them be," corbyn waved off jonahs worry, waving his hand in the air with a dismissal motion. "they'll be fine." he nodded.

the three boys impatiently turned their heads to the doorway all mimicking fan girls as they counted down from '5 to 1' before diana and zach came walking through the door- well, zach came bounding through holding diana's hand before quite literally flinging her towards the couch.

the brunette stumbled against the floor after being thrown from zach's hold almost face planting into the floor before a hand reached out and grabbed her. the figure crouching onto the floor to steady the girl and make sure she was alright.

diana looked up only to find a certain blonde already looking down at her, the two not breaking eye contact. his hands were placed evenly on her shoulders and his eyebrows were furrowed as his eyes darted across her face, looking for any sign of pain.

"well this is awkward." the duo heard zach mutter before they both stood up clearing their throats and taking a few steps away from each other, diana retreating to zach and jack retreating to jonah.

"uh thanks for that." diana pursed her lips nodding her head in thanks as jack did the same. "yeah no problem." he nodded in dismissal before tearing his gaze away from the brunette.

"can anyone else just feel the sexual tension oozing-" zach began explaining before diana slapped her hand over his mouth awkwardly laughing.

"i think that's enough talking for today, come on zach let's go." she cheered not waiting for an agreement as she dragged zach into jonahs bedroom ignoring his shouts of protest.

"what the fuck was that!" she harshly whispered after slamming the door shut, hitting the boys shoulder aggressively as he fell onto the bed.

"what do you mean 'what the fuck was that'" zach mocked her, with a confused look on his face.

"you two were basically eye fucking eachother right in front of us-" he deadpanned as his face fell flat with no emotion as he awaited a response from his best friend.