I'm Not A Monster

Genevieve stood her ground as she faced Circe. She could feel her magic aching to be let out, but she held it in. 

"There's no need to pretend, dear, not with me. I know who you really are, I've seen your true self," Circe claimed.

Gen shook her head forcefully. "You have no idea who I really am. You've seen parts of me, but never the whole. Only the parts you wanted to see."

Circe shrugged. "I suppose that's true, but nevertheless I've seen parts that you've never shown another. 

"Nor will I."

"You say that now, but even you have your limits. One day, soon, some thing is going to push you over the edge. I can only hope that I'll be there to watch."

Circe turned to walk away, but Gen wasn't about to let her escape once again. Her hand flew up, her magic creating a force field preventing Circe from leaving.

Circe chuckled. "Always so quick with your magic. Even when we were children you couldn't resist. Always having to prove yourself." She sneered. "You never were good enough, were you? Even with your magic."

Genevieve closed her eyes, trying to shut her out. "I was never trying to prove myself. I was only ever trying to be like you. I suppose I should be grateful that I turned out so much different."

"Did you? Do your friends know the truth about your past? About our connection even?"

Gen bristled. "No, and they never will, because it makes no difference."

"Yes, you would think so wouldn't you? Tell me," Circe asked as she circled around Gen, "when was the last time you indulged? Fifty years ago? A few hundred? You must be thirsty." 

Gen shook her head, but Circe pressed on. "You can't deny it, it's in your nature. After all, you're not just a vampire, but a siren as well. But isn't that why you became a vampire in the first place? Because at least they know when to stop. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work, did it?"

Gen paled slightly, as her words sunk in. Circe bared her wrist, then raised her other hand. In it she clutched a dagger, which she so slowly moved to her wrist. Again, so slowly, she moved it across her skin, slicing it open. Blood began to pour out, just a trickle, and drops of crimson red fell to the floor. The veins in Gen's face began to pulse, and her heartbeat quickened. Her breathing slowed as she focused on the blood pooling on the floor.

"It's alright...there's no need to resist. Just...give in," Circe whispered.

Genevieve took a tentative step forward. Circe could see the hesitation, the battle being fought inside. "Come, come closer."

Circe began to breach the gap between them, trying to desperately to force her. Gen reached her hand out, ready to take her wrist and drink. But then, a loud boom sounded, and the doors flew open, in bursting Felix, followed closely by Damon and Klaus.

"Gen!" Felix cried, rushing to his sister's side, pulling her back. "Hey, hey calm down, calm down." He took her face in his hands, forcing her to look away from the blood.

Gen tried to speak, but nothing came out beyond breathy rasps. Klaus began advancing towards Circe, while Damon started towards Gen.

Gen turned to face Circe. "Where is she? What have you done with Hope?" she demanded.

Circe scoffed. "Somewhere you'll never find her. Did you honestly think I would be so stupid as to bring her here?"

Klaus grabbed Circe bringing her in close. "Where...is my daughter?" he murmured. 

Circe smiled wickedly. "Don't worry, Klaus Mikaelson. I have something special planned for her."

"You're a monster," Damon admonished.

"Perhaps, but I'm not the monster you really need to worry about," Circe laughed lightly, shooting a pointed look at Gen. 

"I...am not a monster."

"We'll see."

Then, she disappeared. Klaus looked around surprised, before crying out in anger.

"Where is my daughter, you bitch?!

"Klaus," Gen breathed, "She's gone."