chapter 10

At this point I might just drop all of my classes. I'm so tired of having to see Draco in every single one. I've been able to avoid him for the past couple weeks. He tried to talk to me after class a few times, but I make sure I'm the first one to leave.

It's been pretty easy to avoid him because everyone wants to hang out with me or talk to me ever since the quidditch match. Ginny jokes that I'm the replacement Harry. I'd rather not be. Everyone is asking where Harry, Hermione, and Ron are by now. Rumor has it they took off their final year to travel.

I've either been surrounded by people or alone in my room. Ginny is worried about me, but I just keep telling her I'm still tired from the Lupin attack and dementor attack basically all in one day. She doesn't seem to believe me, but doesn't pressure me for details like Hermione would if she was here. I actually really miss her constant questioning.

I've been pretty relaxed with the whole my parents hunting Harry thing since I found out my enchanted map is actually working. I'm still worried about them just like everyone else, but I am not constantly stressed over it anymore. Now, all I can think about is Draco Malfoy kissing me. As much as I try to forget about it I can't.

It was nice. It was actually beyond nice, but I won't allow myself to admit that ever. That was the first person to kiss me since Cedric. Don't get me wrong, I loved Cedric more then anyone, but his kisses never felt like this. With Draco it was different. It was passionate and full of hunger.

Our parents always used to joke about us ending up together when we got older, before I got sorted into Gryffindor. Of course I had a childhood crush on him too. He was an adorable boy who I spent every moment with practically. Even though we were just kids as Draco said before, it still hurt more then anything when he left me. I can't allow myself to feel that pain again. Plus what would everyone think if we just all of a sudden started to hang out?

My friends would hate me. I really would be labeled a traitor.

"I'm going to hang out with Neville and Luna. You coming?" I look up at Ginny from my charms book.

"Uhm I actually told Liam I'd hang out with him in a little bit, so I'll see you guys at dinner," I chew on my fingernails. Nervous habit.

"Okay, you guys have been spending a lot of time together. That wasn't his clothes you were wearing a few weeks ago was it?" She gives me a questioning look and my mouth drops open.

"Ginny! I can't believe you would even ask that! Of course not, that's horrible! He just has a lot of questions about Cedric and is super behind on school work considering he is years behind." She laughs.

"I was joking! I think it's great you are helping him, Cedric would be proud. I was honestly just trying to figure out whose clothes they were considering you won't fess up." I roll my eyes at her.

"They were Snapes," I say with a straight face. Her mouth drops open and I begin laughing hysterically.

"Ugh! I actually believed you for a minute Liv! I'm leaving, you are so evil!" She laughs and closes the door behind her.

I have been spending more time with Liam over the past couple weeks. He is smart like Cedric, but more quiet. It doesn't pain me to be around him anymore. I actually enjoy his company. It's nice to hang out with someone who doesn't know my whole life story.

I walk down to the library where I am supposed to be meeting Liam and see him sitting at a table alone with a few books open. I walk over to him.

"Hey Liam, what are you working on?" I ask while setting down my books. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Hi Olivia. Just trying to study up on potions. I'm not a natural at it like you said Cedric was sadly." I sit down next to him and laugh.

"Well you are quite gifted in herbology, which I could never master."

"I am pretty good at that huh? If only potions was that easy!" I look over his book and try to help him distinguish which potions do what. Liam looks up past me and I'm about to ask what, but then I see Draco walking towards us. No.

"Olivia.." I don't even look up at him when he says my name. My heart is beating a million miles per minute. Liam looks between the two of us and nudges me. I try to ignore it.

"What do you want?" I ask harshly. He looks kind of nervous, which is a rare sight.

"Look, I know you don't want to talk to me, but consider meeting me uhm at the rock by the lake tonight after dinner." I know I shouldn't meet him, but If I agree to it maybe he will leave me alone. I don't want to fight with him in front of Liam either.

"Okay, is that all?" I soften my tone slightly and he nods.

"Diggory," he says and nods at Liam before he leaves. I try to avoid looking at Liam, but I can feel his eyes on me.

"What is it Liam?" I say looking up at him.

"You know he likes you right?" My mouth drops open at his accusation.

"Malfoy? No way. We are practically enemies." Liam laughs.

"Well, I've seen Draco bully some first years and he definitely doesn't treat you like one of them. He is always staring at you too, in case you haven't noticed." Liam looks at me grinning and I finally close my mouth.

"You are so wrong! We hate each other."

"You can deny it all you want Greene, but we both know it isn't true." I am so stunned right now. Is it that obvious that Draco and I kissed? Liam didn't say that, so he obviously doesn't know that. There was no one on that bridge but us I know it.

"How could you even make that assumption? You don't know our history," I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"I don't need to know your history to sense the tension between the two of you. Sparks are practically flying when you guys are in the same room." My mouth falls open again.

"You have no idea what you are talking about obviously." I can feel my face turning red and he just laughs.

We go back to doing work, but I can't help but think about what Draco could possibly have to say to me. We kissed. He said he didn't know how he felt about me. I practically told him he was heartless and that was the end of it. What more is there? Definitely not any sparks like Liam claims there is. I'm very distracted now and not being much help to Liam.

"Olivia?" he looks up at me.

"Hm?"

"You know it's okay right?" I give him a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"It's okay to move on, Cedric would want you to." I give him a sad smile and squeeze his hand.

I didn't even know I was holding on so tightly to Cedric until Liam said this. I feel a weight lifted off my heart, almost like Cedric just gave me permission to move on. Liam really is helping me heal more then I thought.

"Thank you Liam, thank you." He smiles at me and for the first time I don't look away in pain of seeing Cedric. I smile back.

It is okay to move on, but is it okay to move on to Draco Malfoy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all are doing well! I've been writing a lot lately and I'm becoming really invested in this story line! I can't wait for you guys to read more(:

love you<3

-Kiersten