Don't Look Behind You

Song: Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi

Everything with Jake has been amazing the past few weeks, even if he has been having to do more work for his dad than usual. We were hanging out in his room again, when his dad called him downstairs.

Suddenly, I hear yelling coming from downstairs. One of the voices I make out is Jake's. Then, there's a gunshot that rings throughout the house. I strip of Jake's shirt that I'm wearing, and quickly get dressed in my own clothes. I finish putting on my shoes as the door to Jake's room bursts open, and Ollie comes in.

"We need to get you out of here. Now."

"What? What's going on? Where's Jake?" I babble on as Ollie grabs my hand and pulls me out of Jake's room. "Logan! Where is Jake?!"

"Jake is fine. He had to leave and made sure I came and got you out of here. Let's go!" He basically drags me down the stairs, and I stumble some, but he keeps a grip to make sure I don't fall.

"What is going on, Logan??" He knows I'm serious when I use his actual name.

"I'll explain when we're on the road. Please, Emma," he begs me, as he rush out of the house. "Don't look behind you."

Unable to stop myself, I glance back and gasp. There's blood everywhere. Ollie lets out a sigh, knowing I looked anyway. He pulls me to a black BMW, and I quickly get in the passenger side, while he slides in the drivers side. I've never been alone with Ollie before, but I can't think about that while I have no idea what's going on.

"Tell me. Now," I demand as soon as we're speeding away from the house.

"Three guards were shot. The ones protecting Mrs. Cantelli. She's been taken," he tells me and I gasp.

"Someone took Katrina?! Who??" He just shakes his head, obviously not knowing that much information yet. His phone connected to the radio starts to ring, and he quickly answers it.

"Tell me Emma is with you," Jake's demanding voice comes through the radio.

"She's with me," Ollie responds.

"Princess?" Jake's voice is desperate, making me want to cry.

"I'm here, Jake," my voice breaks at the end.

"Good," he breathes out a sigh of relief. "The Santini's took her. I thought they were all dead, but I was wrong. Dad is on a rampage and going after them. Take Emma home and don't you dare take your eyes off of her until her guards show up. Got it?"

"Got it, boss," Ollie responds, and the line goes dead.

"The Santini's?" I ask, the name sounding familiar.

"The ones who kidnapped you and your mom a while back. They're pissed at the Cantelli's now because they killed their men and want revenge. So they took Katrina," he explains to me.

"Oh my god," I whisper, tears falling down my face. "My car is still at school."

"We'll take care of that," he tells me, dialing a number on his phone.

"Hello?" Kira's voice comes through, and Ollie immediately smiles.

"Hey, doll face. I need a favor."

"What do you need, Logan Oliver?" she giggles.

"I have to take Emma home, but could you get Dani and get Emma's Range Rover from the school?"

"Yeah, of course. Is everything okay?" Her voice is worried now.

"I'll explain later, doll face. See you soon," he hangs up and I smile at him.

"You love her," I state, and he glances at me.

"Yeah, I do. And I keep fucking things up," he sighs as we pull onto my road.

"How so?" I question, getting out of the car when it stops along the road in front of my house.

"I've never given a shit about anyone before, anyone outside of the mafia at least. Now there's Kira. The mafia is in my blood but I don't wanna scare her off by the shit I do."

"I understand. To tell you the truth, I think she loves you too. Yeah, it will take time for her to get used to your life, but she hasn't left. I think that speaks volumes," I tell him honestly, and he smiles.

"Thanks, Emma." I nod, and we step inside my house.

"Logan! Hi dear!" my mom greets him and hugs him.

"Good to see you too mom," I laugh while Ollie snickers.

"I see you all the time. Logan here is like another son to me!" my mom says with a smirk. I roll my eyes, laughing. "Where's Jake and Quinton?"

Ollie and I look at each other. Basically deciding if we tell her the truth or not. He just nods, and I let out a sigh, turning back to my mom.

"Mrs. Cantelli was taken by the same group who took us," I tell her and she gasps.

"Oh no! Is she okay? Is Jake?" she asks, sitting on the couch next to my step dad.

"We don't know. Jake is a mess," Ollie responds.

"I thought they were all gone?" David asks, having been filled in on everything. Even Jake's family. He's not too happy about it, but he knows Jake keeps me safe.

"We thought so too. There's going to be guards coming here to watch all of you until they're all actually gone. I'll have to leave when they get here. Dani and Kira should be here soon with Emma's car."

"I told you we should move," David comments to my mom, and she nods.

"What do you mean, move?" I ask, sitting down and Ollie stands against the wall, keeping watch outside.

"We've been thinking about moving back to Florida, and taking you with us," she responds. Ollie's head snaps in our direction so fast, he starts to rub his neck.

"No, mom. You can't do that. My life is here. Plus, why are we talking about that? Katrina is in danger."

"That's exactly why we're talking about it. Your life has been in danger too. I don't like that. I know Jake protects you at all costs, but at what point does it become too dangerous?" David adds in.

"I'm not moving to Florida with you. I graduate in two months. I'm staying here," I tell them and they both sigh. "I'll find my own place here. But I'm not leaving New York."

"Emmy, we just want what's best for you. We've already bought a house. And as long as you're under our roof and in school, you do as we say. After you graduate, you can move back if you want. Your principal already agreed to let you do online classes and let you graduate virtually. You're moving to Florida. And that's final."