Ch23 - I'll carry the both of you.

You Liangxing reflected on it for a full second before he replied: — En.

The reaction was rather bland but it made You Liangxing's heart settle down all of the sudden.

Games were very good at affecting the emotions of others and You Liangxing was not an exception to it. During the minute when his connection broke, he had been very anxious and it had carried forward until the present moment. He let out a breath of relief, and it was like a large stone had finally fallen to the ground.

Simultaneously, he also felt some shock. Even when one of his teammates had suddenly disconnected in a decisive battle, and trapped in a one against four situation, this person had remained undaunted in the face of death, and attained victory alone.

You Liangxing hesitated for a moment. Then, he typed a 'Thank you' in the dialog box and he was about to send it when the other party abruptly said: — I'm free after 10:30 tonight.

Even though no preamble or denouement was provided, the meaning behind his words not difficult to comprehend: He was making an appointment for more games.

Since his own itinerary was not set in stone, You Liangxing could only reply: — Rain check?

The other party replied: — Okay.

The conversation ended there and You Liangxing exited the chat interface for friends. As he was doing so, something flashed at the periphery of his vision.

The flash of white light in the space subconsciously made him tilt his head and subsequently, he raised his eyes. Opposite of him, the boy who had been staring at him was holding onto his phone, looking somewhat embarrassed and awkward.

Although the boy tried to pass off a natural outlook, the phone was still in his hands and he had not kept his incriminating evidence because he was not fast enough. It was apparent from his expression that he had... sneaked a picture.

You Liangxing stilled, opening his mouth to say: "You're sneaking a photo and you still dare to turn on your flash?"

The instances where You Liangxing opened his mouth to speak were infrequent, and the times where he taken the initiative to speak without being asked a question first did not even need to be mentioned. Just looking at his appearance alone, it was easy to guess that his emotional capacity was unusually full, and it was under this condition that he reflexively spoke.

A soft voice that was completely inconsistent with You Liangxing's upright and handsome appearance came out, causing the boy to freeze.

It seemed like the boy had intended to say something more, but he had choked on it due to his shock. For a time, his thoughts were in chaos and his resulting words were incomprehensible. "Yi? You, your voice, you, did you just speak? Ah? Can you say something else?"

You Liangxing lowered his eyes and his eyebrows started wrinkling. His expression, one that spoke of his exercise in restraint to tamp down the rising flames of fury within him, sobered the boy in an instant. He covered his mouth, struggling to maintain a serious appearance as he tried to suppress his smile.

"No, I'm sorry, I have no experience when it comes to taking a photo in secret because this is my first time. Sorry, I apologize, I will pay attention to it the next time."

Because the other party admitted it so frankly, You Liangxing felt stuck. He never had the intention to educate the other to begin with, and he was obviously surprised by the boy's reaction.

This brazen attitude of his felt strangely familiar.

Despite being caught in the act of sneaking a photo on site, the embarrassment on the boy's face only lasted for a short time. The scrutiny in You Liangxing's gaze had yet to dissipate when the boy recovered his animated bearing, and he eagerly said: "Don't misunderstand, I don't have any ill-intentions, I won't even show the photo to anyone, for real! I just thought that you were really handsome so I couldn't resist taking a few."