Chapter Four: Ancient and Most Noble House of Black

The Saturday after the engagement party, Juliette and her parents took a small trip. After using Side-Along Apparition to travel to London, the family stood in the middle of a quaint town square. Tall townhouses surrounded them on both sides of the street. 'Grimmauld Place' read a nearby sign.

Cassius once again donned elegant silk dress robes and his white gloves. He looked overdressed for what he called a 'casual visit.' Aurelie seemed to complement her husband's attire in a dress of pink and pearls at her throat. Begrudgingly walking behind her parents, Juliette wore a stiff, summer dress in Beauxbatons blue. If she'd had it her way, she wouldn't even be going on this visit. 

Cassius started to walk towards the Grimmauld Place townhouses. As he approached buildings 11 and 13, something peculiar happened. A third, impressive, four story townhouse seemed to appear from thin air. Juliette blinked in shock as her father traipsed up well-worn steps to a door with a single silver knocker on it. The number 12 was inscribed on this knocker. Cassius' gloved hand grasped the twisted snake handle on the knocker and rapped three times. 

A few moments later, the door swung open to reveal a gaudy and elegantly dressed Walburga Black. Funnily enough, the black dress she wore now had weights sewed into the bottom of the hem to circumvent any future explosions from exposing her. Cassius leaned forward to kiss his host's hand and Aurelie kissed Walburga on both cheeks. When Walburga finally got to ushering Juliette into her home, she actually smiled. Juliette was stunned, thinking that after what she did, Mrs. Black would loathe her as much as she did her eldest son.

The inside of 12 Grimmauld Place looked just as foreboding as the outside. The entryway exuded an air of darkness, with dark wallpaper, dark shag carpet, and a mahogany grand staircase leading the the upper floors. Display cases and tables topped with expensive trinkets lined either side of the hallway. Portraits covered both sides of the hallway in polished, silver frames. Most impressive was a portrait of Walburga Black herself, who nodded in approval as the Pyrites walked past her. 

Walburga led the family into the parlor where Orion sat reading The Daily Prophet. 'Death Eaters Raid Hogsmeade' read the title. The Pyrites took a seat on a long, green couch and were greeted immediately by a house-elf serving tea. Juliette kept looking around the room and into the hallway, wondering if she would see Sirius.

"I shall admit, I was shocked to hear you wanted to meet with me, Cassius," Walburga stated.

"I should be the one who is shocked you wanted to meet," Cassius denied. "I should apologize for the events at my daughter's engagement party."

"No worries," Walburga said through gritted teeth. "Boys will be boys."

The weights holding down her dress slapped her shins as she walked over to the armchair beside her husband. She winced with every step.

"Boys will be boys?" repeated Cassius. "You must be mistaken. Juliette-"

"Mistaken? I should be the one apologizing for the actions of my son and his friend James! Setting off that bomb and ruining your event? I thought you would never forgive my family!"

It suddenly became clear that Walburga had no clue Juliette was the one who set off the bomb. Walburga had been under the impression Sirius made a fool of her.

"Mrs. Black, but I-" Juliette started. Her parents made it very clear she needed to own up to her actions and apologize to Walburga. Suddenly, Cassius' foot ground into Juliette's.

"Juliette is looking forward to speaking to Regulus again," interjected Cassius.

"Is that so?" Walburga beamed.

The frown on Juliette's face said otherwise. Once again, Cassius' foot slammed into his daughters, and Juliette bared her teeth in a forced smile. 

"Yes, I would love to spend some time with Regulus," lied Juliette.