CHAPTER 70

"This wedding will not happen", said Dadi angrily looking around at everyone. They all got shocked hearing this.

Arnav was the first one who stood up and glare at Khushi's dadi, "What did you say?". He wanted to confirm if he had heard right before he lashes out his anger.

Dadi look Arnav in the eye, "What you have heard, this wedding will not happen now".

Instantly the anger rose in him, he clutched his hands into fists, "And you think if you say something like this, it will happen?". Anjali stood up quickly grabs his arm with both hands, silently telling him to control his anger.

"I am the elder of this family, I took decisions wisely and they are always in the betterment of everyone here and I do not want ... ", said Dadi was saying in her proud manner when Arnav cut her, "I don't care about what you think or do, I know only one thing and that is ... me and Khushi are getting married, that's it!", said Arnav in irritating tone.

"Khushi will not get married to you, she is the daughter of Gupta family and she will abide by my decision", said Dadi getting angry now.

"Oh really, now she is the daughter? When you never truly accepted her (he look side way at Shashi and then again at dadi) how can you take decisions about her life", said Arnav irritatingly.

"Chottey", Nani look at Arnav with a warning to not to say something which will later make things bad.

"No Nani, you don't know. Khushi has told me, how she was treated here in her childhood, how she was never truly accepted by her (giving an angry look to Dadi), and now she wants to take decisions about her life, I will not let that happen", said Arnav in anger as his voice rose in the last sentence.

Shashi quickly went to his mother and held her arm, "Maji please ...", Shashi was about to say when Dadi cut him, "Shashi See, how he is talking to me? Khushi had chosen this man who have no respects for elders".

"Maji atleast tell us what is the matter", said Buaji coming close to her mother.

"The matter is they lied to us, they have hidden their true identity", said Dadi pointing towards Arnav and Anjali, "We are a respectable family Shashi, I do not want my family to become the talks of people here".

"What crap", said Arnav waving his hand in the air, he was not understanding what had got into this old lady, if not for the hold of his sister, he would have shouted by now. Anjali and Nani exchange worried looks, they got some idea what this is about. Anjali silently started to pray that it won't be the matter what she is thinking.

Mamiji move ahead, "And you meantz to say that we are not respectable, we are the Raizadas. You come to Delii and then see how much respectiya we have", said Mami getting angry.

"Manorma ...", Mamaji grab her arm and telling her through eyes not to say anything. But Manorma jerk his hand, "Can't you see, this is why they have caalz us here? To insults my Arnav bitwa", No matter how dramatic she may be in nature but she can never stand if someone says anything about her both bitwas.

"If I knew who he really is then I would have never agreed for this marriage in the first place", said Dadi looking at Arnav, "He is not Raizada, he is a Malik, the son of Maliks of Sheesh Mahel".

Arnav froze in his place listening to this and other gasped. There was a murmur in the living room among the other Guptas, as they didn't know this fact.

Sujhata find Nani's face familiar as she liked to keep her self-updated with happening around and she called her other friend to confirm if what she is thinking is right. She remembers seeing her face in the newspaper linking it with the Maliks. And her friend confirmed that it was indeed Devanyi Raizadas' daughter who got married to that Malik. So Sujhata told Subhadra about it.