•21•

MIAS POV:

Me and half of our senior class were now sitting in a holding cell in a police station. The holding cell looked like it could fit 20 people but somehow they managed to put 30 of us in there and trust me it was a tight fit. The rest of the 30 people that made up our class fled the scene along with other party goers and those who were above 21 just left as we were handcuffed and being dragged to the cop cars that surrounded the house.

Now here's what happened. After my little argument with Ariel, she called the cops on us and not just for underage drinking, but for breaking into the owners house without his permission.

I tried to reason with the cop by telling him that I owned this house but Ariel intervened and said and I quote " I know for a fact that the owner of this house is Malcom Shenai, he's my neighbor " she told the cop like that was supposed to impress him and here's the annoying part. It did.

Now when she called the cops and told them some kids broke into Malcom Shenais house, they took this as an emergency and brought 10 cop cars. I'm pretty sure there has to be some more important use of cops than the breaking in of my dads house.

The only good thing was he arrested Ariel too for drinking underage.

The kids were going out by turn to call their parents but I was avoiding doing the task because  I didn't know who to call, my dad, my brother or one of the people who work for my dad who would tell him and my dad would freak out and come pick me up. Any of the 3 cases would lead to everyone finding out who I am.

A kid called Salem comes back from calling his parents and he looked really freaked out.

" hey guys " we all turn our attention to him. " I just got off the phone with my mom and she said Mr. Malcom is coming to the station to see us "

My face turns white.

" why would he come see us? " I manage to croak out.

" he's really upset that his entire senior class is in prison for underage drinking, none of us are allowed to leave until he gets here "

" doesn't he have bigger things to worry about " I roll my eyes and a few kids nod their head in agreement.

" what am I gonna do " I think out loud now pacing in the small space I have.

" don't worry nothings going to happen to you, i won't let him expel you " Ambrose assures me but that isn't what I'm worried about.

" I'll make sure he knows you were the one that broke into his house " Ariel tells me and I'm about to jump on her when Nate carries me by my waist away from her.

Soon parents started arriving and not looking pleased whatsoever. I even saw Ambrose's mother give the worst glare to her son. In normal circumstances they wouldn't be as mad at their kids but having Malcom Shenai actually come into the station to see their kids in such a situation is bad for their reputation.

" oh my god he's here " I hear someone say and move as far back as I can so he can't see me.

" I thought I was dreaming when my assistant called me and told me my ENTIRE senior class was in prison for underage drinking and breaking into someone's house and throwing a party " he said sounding angry. I could see he looked extremely upset between the shoulders of Nate and Alfie. I also saw that Brandon was accompanying him and assumed he got back from his trip early.

" open the door for them I don't want to feel like I'm talking to a bunch of animals at the zoo" he tells one of the cops and he listens to him. We all started to exit the holding cell and I'm still making sure that I was in the very back.

" you're all going to write a thousand word essay about how underage drinking is bad for you and an apology letter to the owner of the house, and to top it all off you all have detention everyday for the next two months " he says crossing his hands " am I clear ? "

We all mumble a yes sir.

" sir " I hear Ariel voice say but she sounds petrified to talk to him.

" yes "

" the house the party was at was yours " she says her voice shaking.

" my house ? " he sounds confused.

" the one in Beverly Hill Gateway " he now looks even more confused.

" why would you break into one of my properties? "

" it was her fault " she points at me and everyone that was hiding me from my fathers eyes now moved and when his eyes finally landed on me he was no longer confused. People started to push me so I was now standing in-front of him.

" I should've known when I got a call saying the entire senior class was in jail you were behind it " my father says looking at me sternly. Back in New York I wasn't exactly what you'd call an angel child. " I apologize to all the parents here for my daughters actions " he says and I felt my world crumble.

The class broke out into whispers.

" but that's the scholarship student " I hear a student say.

" what scholarship student "

" Mia sanders , the scholarship student "

" Mia what in the world are they talking about?" My father asks me but I'm too busy staring at the floor my back facing the students.

I take a deep breath and turn to face the students trying not to look at Ambrose because only god knows what his reaction will be like.

" let me properly introduce myself, my name is Mia Esme Malcom Shenai, daughter of Malcom Shenai " everyone had their jaws dropped and their eyes almost popping out, well except for the boys who knew and Casey. Ambrose looked hurt but I tried not to linger on his expression more than a few seconds.

" you all assumed I was the scholarship student and I went along with it " I continue and then turn to the parents " no your kids didn't break into any bodies house, it was my house "

" that's the complete and total truth " I say and look back at my father.

" Mia I did not raise a liar " My father says and looks down at me disappointed.

" apparently you did " I hear Ambrose say from behind me and I turn to face him.

" Ambrose I- " but he began to walk away without listening to me.

" you're unbelievable, what in you're right mind compelled you to come down here. Don't you have anything better to do, god dad I hate you " I say lashing out at him in-front of all the students and parents and walking away. I got into my dads car and slammed the door without even acknowledging the driver.

END OF CHAPTER 21