ELEVEN

- Chapter Eleven -

Elladora spent all weekend in the library, sat in between the back shelves, not talking to anyone

Elladora spent all weekend in the library, sat in between the back shelves, not talking to anyone. Why? Because she wanted to. She wanted to finish all her essays and do some extra work too, it calmed her, cramming her brain with knowledge took her mind off of things that she didn't want to think about.

Everyday at breakfast she had sat at the Gryffindor table, purely for the porridge, with a book sprawled open in front of her. Don't think she missed the glances from Sirius Black, she caught them every time, like he wanted to say something to her, but every time he got the chance, she would slip away like she was never there.

Monday came around quickly and potions was first, it was safe to say that Elladora was nervous, she didn't know if they got supplied with more wolfsbane or not, so it could go horribly wrong anyway, but she and Sirius did their best. The Gryffindor wasted no time in leaving his other friends and running over to her.

"Think we did good? It'll work?" He asked nervously, tapping his foot on the floor obnoxiously. She glared down at his foot and he stopped tapping it, she looked back up to him and he softly apologised.

"It might." She shrugged and entered the classroom, sitting in her seat next to Snape, who was also there, nodding at her and getting a glance in return.

"Hello, class, take your seats, take your seats." Slughorn told the class, looking actually quite nervous as he scanned the whole classroom. "So, today we were going to be working with some wolfsbane-"

Remus grew quite anxious now, looking between his friends who also looked nervous, all except for Sirius. He even looked over to Elladora who looked stoic as always.

"-but it seems as though it has disappeared from my stocks, so sorry to Sirius and Elladora, who spent their detention getting that for me, but, uh, we'll have to do something else for today." He said and the three boys heads snapped to Sirius, then to Elladora, then back to Sirius.

Remus looked like he could cry as he patted his best friends shoulder, leaning forward he made sure that the Slytherin was looking at him. Sure enough, she glanced their way and saw his head poking out.

"Thank you." He mouthed and she gave him a nod, deciding that no further discussion was necessary as she listened to Professor Slughorn about what non-practical work they would be doing today.

•*•*•*•*•

It was now a free period and as usual, Elladora was sat in the library, reading over the stimulus for this year. She flicked a page, when she suddenly became aware of a new presence that had joined her, she slowly looked up to see Sirius Black sat next to her.

"What are you reading?"

"Why are you sat here?" She countered, dipping her pen into an ink pot and scribbling something down on a piece of parchment.