Chapter Seventy

The corridors were basically empty, only stragglers walking back to their common rooms, when a hand clamped down on my shoulder.
"Jesus, Fred!" I cried, jolting with shock.
"I've been looking for you everywhere - do you have the map?"
"Yeah" I discreetly showed him the top of the map before slipping it back into my robes, "I do, why?"
"George and I went to check on those potions you had started - they're gone. We need to try and find who took them before-"
I winced, cutting him off by placing my hand over his mouth, "Lee and I moved them a few days ago to the furthest corridor on the third floor. I was on my way to add this essence of daisyroot to the amortentia"
Fred frowned, licking my palm and stepping back slightly as I jumped away, wiping my hands on my skirt.
"Ew! Fred!"
"Why didn't you tell us?"
"We were going to, really we were, but it was important that we moved the potions then and there. Afterwards I guess we kind of just... forgot"
Fred's frown deepened, "you just... forgot"
"I had a stressful time at Hogsmeade dealing with the kids and I forgot!"
Levelling me with a blank stare, Fred coughed pointedly.
"I did! Look, just - I need to add this in the next twenty minutes so just come with me and we'll talk on the way" I sighed, grabbing his hand and pulling him along.
As the tunnel entrance closed behind us, Fred huffed, letting go of my hand and letting me get the ingredients out of my bag.
"I just don't understand why you wouldn't ask George and I to come and help move them"
"It was a quick decision, super last minute"
"Why?"
I sighed, adding two pipette drops of essence and waiting until the mixture developed a sheen, "We... thought that someone had found the passage. They were hanging around the statue too much"
Fred nodded, peering over my shoulder to look at the potion before gesturing for me to continue, "On the way to dinner the other day, the halls were empty. We saw an opportunity so we took it, moved it then and there"
Fred hummed, taking the map out of my pocket, "George found Lee, they're coming this way"
I nodded to show that I heard, turning the heat up slightly before stepping away from the cauldron.
"That's done" I said, moving to the other two cauldrons, "Throw me the valerian root?"
I had just caught it when Lee and George came through the door.
"I just don't understand why you didn't ask us to help?" George asked, looking at both Lee and I with slight betrayal written on his face.
"George, I've already said that we didn't have time to ask" Lee replied, exchanging a quick look with me. Nodding slightly to confirm we had thought up the same story, he carried on.
"We needed to move it before anyone else came out of the hall"
Huffing, George turned to Fred, "This is bullshit. We missed out on prime spy opportunity"
"We're just not loved enough Georgie"
"They're moving on without us"
"Next thing you know they'll pull off a prank and not tell us"
The two of them paused for a moment, before George violently shook his head, "No that's too far. You'd never do that, right?"
I held back a smile, standing up from the cauldron and folding my arms, "Well if you keep acting like this I don't know, we might do something you won't expect"
"It'll be the prank of the year"
"Oh definitely"
Fred frowned, looking at me intensely, "You'd do that to me? Your loving boyfriend?"
Smiling, I moved so that we were toe to toe, poking him lightly on the nose, "if he keeps on whining I just might"
Frown deepening, Fred pulled me against his chest, trapping me with his arms, "You can't if I've got you hostage"
"You fucking menace, Fred Weasley!" I yelled, squirming in his grip, "Let go of me you buffoon!"

"He's finally let you go?" Angelica asked, attempting to hide her laughter behind her hand.
"Yeah, apparently food is just too important"
"But he even dragged you to the toilet" Alicia giggled.
"Don't remind me"
"Well maybe you should take back what you said" Fred huffed, stuffing another mouthful of sausage in his mouth, "and then perhaps I'll have another think about your sentence"
"And like I've said" I leant over to poke his cheek with every other word, "not. a. chance"
"Then your punishment stands"
Our argument was interrupted by the evening post, an owl dropping a letter with familiar chicken-scrawl handwriting in front of me.
"It's from Oliver!" I squealed, grabbing the attention of George and Lee across the table.
"What? What's it say?"
I skimmed the letter quickly, before looking up with a grin, "he's coming to see the Third Task! We'll get to see him beforehand! Oh, and George he wrote down the team gossip for you, right there" I handed the letter to him before checking for reactions.
"That's amazing!" Lee cheered, bouncing in his seat a little, "Theres so much to show him, oooh I could challenge him to a disapparition duel, I bet I could do it by then"
"Big jump don't you think, lessons, straight to a competition?"
"Yeah, but I'm just that good"
I snorted, turning to Fred, who's eyes were sparkling excitedly, "I'll finally be able to tell him that you're my girlfriend" he said, "Yeah, he might be on a professional quidditch team but I got Emily Granger"
"You're such a sap" I grinned, pulling him into a kiss.