Flashback

Let's start the story when I was 10 years old, the sun shone brightly that day and I was watering the plants. After a while, a van stopped in front of the house revealing a 10 year old girl named shin ryujin. Ryujin and her family occupied the house across our street.

Ryujin had this long shiny hair that the rays of the sun reflected on it. She is wearing an oversized nirvana shirt paired with white sneackers and she was carrying her black skateboards. I was so mesmerized by her, she's like a night sky full of stars. I don't know how long I was staring at her, I just  snapped back to reality when the cold water was already touching my feet, and my plants were already drowning. Ryujin turned her head to my direction and smirked. I quickly turned off the faucet, and fixed myself. I put on a little wave at ryujin but she just replied with a pop from her bubble gum and walked away.

Weeks passed, ryujin and i became close. I have no idea how it happen. What I know is, my mom asked me to bring them cookies to welcome them in our neighboorhood.

Then one night, ryujin climbed into my window and asked me to swim with her at the lake near the park, which is restricted to all, but ryujin is ryujin. She jumped right away at the cold water, and as for me, I sitted at the near bench and just casually call her name to make sure she isn't drowning.

Ryujin is a very naughty kid. She always sneek out and escaped at night, climbing down at her bedroom's window, bringing every possible thing she could bring. Of course it's nothing weird, she just brought ropes, hammers, garden tools, and other stuffs fit for a 10 year old. Yep, nothing weird. I once saw her climbing down her window carrying a backpack full of fire crackers, her bag is so full that some of the items are sticking out, she had a flashlight in her mouth and carefully tiptoed away from their garden.

Ryujin looked up and saw me at my window watching her, she turned off her flashlight and put on a shh finger in her lips. I quickly replied with a 'zip mouth' gesture. Ryujin had this whisker like dimples whenever she smile. She formed a salute and dashed away. I turned off my lamp and lay on my bed , after a few minutes, crackling sounds filled the whole neighboorhood. I can feel all of our neighbors turned on their lights, I can hear screams because of the sudden explosions. I face my window and saw lights filled up the quiet night sky.

A laugh escaped from my lips and I thought to myself.

"Yup, that's Shin Ryujin".